MR816x on new iMac

I’ve been running Cubase6 on a 2008 iMac using the MR816x for roughly 2 years … it’s been great, not one issue.

I recently bought a new iMac (the one that does not have FireWire ports) and migrated all of my files & applications from the old iMac to the new one. I got a FireWire to Thunderbolt adapter and thought everything would be smooth.

Well, there were a few issues with Cubase6 on the new computer … a few pop-ups from the eLicenser and about 15 seconds of the spinning beachball, but it eventually loads up. The main issue is that the new computer doesn’t seem to want to fully recognize my MR816x. Upon the computer booting up there’s a pop up that states “failure to initialize” I tried uninstalling the drivers and re installing them … no luck.
I checked to make sure that the MR816x still worked on the old computer, and it does, but still a failure to initialize on the new computer.

Any one know what to do?
I’m starting to think my only option is to replace my MR816 with something that may be more suitable for the new computer.
Thanks!

Please download the driver update we have just released.
See Yamaha Steinberg FireWire driver v1.7.2 for Mac OS X - Legacy Steinberg Hardware - Steinberg Forums for details.