Multi-bar Rests issue in Cubase 11 Pro

In Score Edit, Page Mode, I’m having a strange multi-bar rest display problem, or I don’t understand how this option works. See attached. The Multi-Bar Rests setting is set to “4” in this layout. The first line displays as expected (8 empty bars), but the second does not - even though it also contains 8 consecutive empty bars. Also the bottom 2 lines both have more than 4 consecutive empty bars, but show no multi-bar rests. Am I missing something here?

Are there hidden objects in those measures? What do you see if you activate all the filters in the filter line?

1 Like

No, the filters have no impact on this - no hidden items, etc. But I did just open a blank MIDI file and try various combinations of empty/filled bars, and it worked fine. So the only thing I can think of is that I may have imported the MIDI data from my old Cubase SX program, and maybe there was some unseen items in it…? I’m trying to avoid this, so hopefully it won’t happen again. Fortunately this is just a reference page for recording parts, not for printing out and giving to players, or publishing.

Thanks for responding!