multi track drum editing question

hi,
so i have played with the new folder group editing for multitrack drums and it is fantastic! i ran into one issue and please correct me if i am wrong.
say i have a 11 track drum recording. i go and set up hitpoints on the kick, snare and 3 toms. there is the issue. i want to have five tracks of hitpoints (kick, snare, 3 toms) to guide the quantizing but the quantize panel seems to only allow 3 hitpoint ‘guide’ tracks. is this the case? if so, that sucks. three doesn’t cut it for me. besides the obvious kick and snare, i find most drummers have issues on the fills. the hi hat usually follows the kick and snare well enough so i personally don’t use hitpoints on the hi hat.

am i missing something or is this the case that you can only have 3 ‘guide’ tracks in the quantize panel?

also, what if i want to then quantize a few congas? do i need to go delete the drum hitpoints in each sample editor to free up ‘guide’ tracks in the quantize panel? seems as though the drum ‘guides’ stay in the quantize panel even after quantizing the drums.

cheers,
dean

Deserves a bump… :wink:

I believe the panel will allow at least 6 or more hitpoint guide tracks, but some of them may have to “share” priority (which has not been a problem for me). Just drag with your mouse over the “stars” to add them for the other tracks in the quantize panel - they will not show as highlighted until you do this.

hmmm… good to know. i will give it a try. i seem to remember my extra guide tracks showing up but not being highlighted. sharing priority is fine in my situation, just need the drums to be edited by kick, snare and multiple toms. i was pretty bummed for a while there. if it works as you say, that is a god send for me.

cheers,
dean