Multi-track drum editing question

Hello,

I have a rather involved question here - I have just been introduced to the features of multi-track editing by use of folders and audio quantizing. My question is, is there a way to edit multi-track IN PLACE ON A TRACK? Without opening the sample editor for a single track? I’ve included an illustration to clarify my question.

The reason I ask, is because I’m trying to find a way to line up these 3 audio tracks to the MIDI notes in the upper portion of the screen, WITHOUT adjusting the tempo map. I don’t really think theres a way to quantize to a MIDI note, which I’m willing to just do by hand. I can’t seem to find a way to simply “grab” these hitpoints and move them around without doing so in the sample editor (which would obviously block the MIDI track so I can’t see it).

The other option was, create a tempo map from the MIDI track, which I don’t think exists yet :astonished: Any ideas anyone? I KNOW I’m not the first to want to do this haha

Hello,

You can cut the audio track and move on the right one position directly In the main window of Cubase. Isn’t this the right one way for you? I’m using this, when I need to set position of any audio files to the MIDI notes.

I’m sorry, I didn’t understand your answer… can you rephrase??

Sorry for my English!

You can split the audio region directly in the main window (by using Split tool). And you can move the splited audio region in the main window.

If you want to split more audio tracks together, you can make folder of these trcks, and split the region in he folder track.

Is it clear, now?

Yes very clear, thank you.

That’s the one solution that I already knew about, but was trying to avoid because of its tediousness. :slight_smile: If it were only one song, it would be fine, but i’m looking at a whole album’s worth of doing this. :slight_smile: haha

But thanks for your reply though.

Anyone else have any suggestions?