Multi-track drum editing...

LOL - gremlins must be around for a triple post…

In a way though Clyde, you are ‘missing something’ as you put it because I’m not working with that same mp3 that you are - That’s a multi-track mixdown…I’m trying to get the multi-track group edit quantize to work.

I only posted the mp3s to show what I started with, and the 2nd mp3 was the result I got which was far worse than what i started with.

But, chunking the song into intro/verse/chorus type sections, bouncing those sections, moving the tracks closer to the grid and THEN quantizing seems to be working somewhat.

Also, in this case, it’s not super important that it’s locked perfectly to a click, but that the whole band sounds together which they definitely did not.

OK - here’s a perfect example - this just happened just now…

The attack of the kick seems to have been cut and moved AFTER the tail of the sound. Why does this happen, and what’s the correct way to fix it? Do I just drag the attack back over to the left edge of the event (on top of what’s there)? Does it mean a hitpoint was miscalculated?

In addition, why is the crossfade in the middle of that sample and not crossing the big gap on the left?

Have you been playing with the range and offset parameters in the quantise panel, slice rules pane?

No, they’re at the default -40ms and -20ms settings.