Multi track drum editing

Is this possible with Artist 6?
I was trying to follow the video tutorial but when I create a group folder I don’t have the = symbol.

Hello,

Drums quantization is in the Cubase 6 only. Not in the Cubase Artist 6.

Best,

actually, it’s possible to do it in pretty much any version of cubase if you are careful and patient.
select all the drums tracks. split all the tracks the at each drum hit. quantize and crossfade.
i used to do it that way. made a macro to split the tracks a hundred times at each click (using hitpoints etc.). the danger is that you have sure that the clips don’t get moved out of sync. but it can be done.
in fact, if you search the forums, people have posted various ways to edit drums.
ed

hi everyone.i’m a new user, so this might be old news but…

i recently recorded an album and on the seven tracks that we recorded drums on, i used this new-ish feature.at first i thought it was amazing, and could save me hours of tedious editing.it sounded great when i listened back to the 8 or so tracks that i used to record the drums on my monitors.

but when i took the tracks to a mixing studio, with much better monitors, we could hear glitches on the overheads tracks, where the edits were.it was unusable, and a bit embarrassing for me.

i did use the cross-fade button after the slicing process, but it was obvious when soloing the overheads that it was unusable.

anyone else experienced this?It might work fine with a drum track containing high hats kick, and snare, but i suppose i will have to go back to the old fashioned way!

A lot of things that I record are unusable soloed (that’s partly what mixing is about), but the question is, will it stand when not soloed? I haven’t used multi-track drum editing yet, and I am a bit wary of it, exactly for the reason you mention - overheads, especially continuous rides and crashes. But depending on the type of music, if the snare is loud enough, I think I’ll experiment with it. Trying to slice right before snare hits, but still, the high freqs is where most psycho-acoustics takes place, so I won’t risk a real session on it…

You need to get the crossfade time right down to sub 10ms and then use the crossfade nudge button to get the crossfades as close to the hit as possible. Of course it’s still a lot of work, but can be very effective if applied intelligently. It’s certainly not a one button fix all…

Yes, it’s still a hard piece of real work. Phasing overheads still have to be ‘cured’ by patiently sliding events tiny portions. I never do this on monitors, headphones are the only way to go with stuff like that - avoiding embarrassment :sunglasses: