Multi-Track Free Warp available yet?

I hear you. My point was that doing it in arrange gives the full context by default, since all tracks are already there in arrange. The other point is you can’t do grouped warped editing in the audio editor anyway, so… you need to do that in arrange too, where the tracks are.

I don’t personally (mmv of course, nothing to disagree about) see the point of adding something else to another separate edit window as opposed to just bringing it all to the arrange page (the main edit window) where everything already is, for singular and contextual group edits.

Leaving the arrange page to edit (by sheer necessity, not just by choice when it’s actually better to do that, and sometimes it is) is never the best workflow option, imo, mmv, yada, yada. The arrange page itself is an edit window.

That’s why Cubase has in-line midi editing, so leaving the arrange page to do minor midi edits is a choice, not a necessity. “In-line warping” would be the exact same thing. It’s kind of a no-brainer imo.

Anyway, it’s good to have a calm adult discussion about it without it going all over the place. Bringing warping directly to the arrange page timeline is a very, very old FR for Cubase. It’s not a new idea or request.

Logic has been doing it - directly on the timeline - for over 3 years now, and Cubase will (at some point) go there also …

There’s nothing “wrong” with Cubase’s warping except that it doesn’t exist on the arrange timeline for direct and contextual single and grouped marker placements and edits. Other than that, it’s fine imo.

It also strikes me that - in some cases - people are discussing (or even unnecessarily debating) the relative value of some things that are so clearly obvious that many of them are likely already on the Steinberg engineering table, how to get them done in a future version.

Thanks.

There’s nothing “wrong” with Cubase’s warping except that > it doesn’t exist on the arrange timeline for direct and contextual single and grouped edits> .

That’s what was missing then? Free warp on the Arrange page timeline.

Thanks for the vids. So Cubase has got warping but it’s ugly, right? Maybe that’s what I was trying to say all along. :mrgreen:

I don’t see the context editor as another edit window.
It’s just giving you the same features that the audio editor gives
you right now, but in-place on the tracks that you activated it on.
It’s not another edit window. And if you need it on multiple tracks
like drums there should be simply the conteyt editor button on the folder
track too, so that, when activated, all the tracks inside of it have the context
editor opened inplace of the audio events inside it.

I like this idea much more than the traditional free warp in the other daws
cause it’d be not a simple feature-rip-off.

I agree with you that debating about how it will be
implemented is nonsense. But about that particular thing
I just had an idea that I wanted to discuss.

I doubt that it will have any effect on how the engineers at
Steinberg will get it done. And I gonna use the feature, no matter
how it’ll be integrated (except it’d take more steps to get to the point
than before but this won’t happen).

It’s just the way I’d like it the most.
And if we’re lucky and they have nothing better to do
at work than reading our endless feature requests here,
it’s coming. :mrgreen:

very good feature. very obvious, and very useful in daily post work. +1 from me.

what i will NEVER get is this forum police attitude some people have when others make feature requests of which they dont understand the use. its one thing to offer a workaround, but to judge the usability of said feature when you havent even quite grasped the idea behind it…well…no. not nice.

No … it’s not “ugly”. It’s pretty clearly (currently) - much - less functionally and practically useful … the only point of the entire thread… because…

A.) You have to open another edit window every single time you want to edit it… and…
B.) You can only edit one clip at a time with it in any case.

I’m really not sure what part of the above truth is so difficult to grasp. And, for the record, that will be the last direct question of yours to me that I bother to answer since you never answer any of mine… like when I specifically asked you …

"Where and when and how have you used it (multitrack elastic audio) before and what about it was “limited?”

Thanks.

Beat the heck out of me why that is.

Anyway, No1DaBeats idea makes sense to me also, the context editor, now that I understand it better.