Multiband Comp Side-chain not working

I think there is an issue with the stock multi-band compressor and it’s side-chain function. Here’s the scenario:

I initiated the stock multi-band compressor onto slot 3 on one of my bass tracks. Activated S/C in the comp and assigned a source from the drop down at the side-chain activation button. No input was received from the source/key channel.

Checking the source/key send, I find that it is assigned to another bass, where I have an instance of the stock Compressor in slot 2.

I removed the multi-band and created a new instance and repeated the process. Same result.

To double check, I created an instance of Compressor on the same bass track, and activated the side-chain. It worked as it should.

I also did one more test, I added a multi-band to the bass again, activated the side-chain at the top. This time, I was able to select the appropriate destination from my source. One other thing to point out. I did try to assign the source from the drop-down next to the side-chain activation button. The source I wanted, which was an out put of GASE was not available. Going to the send on the GASE output, I was able to assign the side-chain to the desired destination.

Further, I inserted an instance of C6-SC, it worked as it should. I was able to assign the correct destination and have the corresponding send accurately show the proper destination. Weird stuff with the new side-chain assignment drop down.

Can any one verify this on their machine?

W

Confirmed. It ignores the sidechain signal.
All other compressors work

Thanks Janko.

Hopefully, this is under consideration for the next maintenance release.

Can others confirm?

W

I have experienced this same behavior, but with a third party app - Trackspacer. Using the sidechain dropdown I assigned a sidechain from a guitar channel. In the guitar channel’s Sends, the sidechain is being sent to a completely different track and effect, with no way to change it.