Multiband compressor = seriously buggy and not reliable

Hello;

The multiband compressor is very buggy; it creates distortions and artefacts even when exporting through the “export audio” features. It sounds like when your computer cannot follow audio files, or when you load a plugin… it’s the same noise you get after export, randomly, and without any logic when you compare to the original audio (i mean, it is not because there is peaks or distortion in the ioriginal; it happens randomly, but happens almost everytime, or may be 1 every 2 times… it should never happen).
Also, very buggy because you cannot record a audio track with an automation of the multiband bypass, because it will stop recording (while continuing playing) and will close the channel where the multiband compressor is loaded.

If you intend to compress or master inside cubase, the multiband compressor will only make your life harder… until it is fixed. too bad, because i find it rather easy to work with… but it is not reliable :-/

I use cubase 5 (.3 update) : is this fixed in cubase 6 ?

The multiband compressor is very buggy; it creates distortions and artifacts even when exporting through the “export audio” features. It sounds like when your computer cannot follow audio files, or when you load a plugin… it’s the same noise you get after export, randomly, and without any logic when you compare to the original audio (i mean, it is not because there is peaks or distortion in the ioriginal; it happens randomly, but happens almost everytime, or may be 1 every 2 times… it should never happen).

I cannot confirm that the MBC creates noise that quote “sounds like when your computer cannot follow audio files or when you load a plugin”.

If you intend to compress or master inside cubase, the multiband compressor will only make your life harder… until it is fixed. too bad, because i find it rather easy to work with… but it is not reliable :-/

There was a problem with the MBC. Under certain circumstances the MBC would create unharmonic tones in the lower frequency range. This is fixed with the next Cubase 6 update unfortunately not yet in Cubase 6.0.1.

If you have any bug reports to make please do so.
Here is how:
How do I report a problem with Cubase [bugbase]

Gr,
JHP

the bug was confirmed on the Cubase 5 forum, when you use attack values of less than 30 ms and hold less than 80/100 ms. It may affects bass harmonics too (i am not too qualified to answer this :slight_smile:
It is a bug that happens when the compressor is asked to process at high sppeds (attack, hold… probably release too if it was set to short values).

ps: thanks for the link for posting bugs (i just saw that now after posting)