Multiple Computers rig

Hey computer geniuses!

Do you know if there’s a way to split Cubase across two or more computers without using VST link? I’m mixing complex projects with a massive mixing template and constantly facing power limitations. (When are we going to see group and FX freeze features like in Pro Tools?)

I’m not sure if it’s even possible, but I’m exploring potential solutions and came across Audio Gridder, which offloads VSTs onto servers. Have you had any experience with that?

If there’s any wisdom anybody could share, it would be highly appreciated!

Check this: https://www.iconnectivity.com/

Vienna Ensemble Pro seems to be popular with some of the orchestral composer crowd hanging out at the vi-control forum.

Hi Nico,

Thank you for your reply! I’m a devoted user of VSL for my large orchestral templates; it’s indispensable to me. However, despite its excellent mixing capabilities, I find the routing process for mixing with VSL isn’t very functional for my needs when I just mix. For instance, Audio Gridder allows me to offload plugins without extra routing in Cubase and control plugins without accessing the server. Blue Cat Audio offers a similar software, which I also use.

I’m curious if there’s a way to split a Cubase template across at least two computers without relying on VST Link. My idea is to have all the audio tracks and the initial series of groups on one computer, while keeping the remaining receiving nested groups and FX on another. I’ve developed an intricate mixing template that allows for incredible control (using some techniques I haven’t seen others use), but I can’t fully utilize it without frequently freezing and committing.

I’m looking forward to testing this setup with the M2 Ultra to see how it handles such demands.

I’m exploring various possibilities and hoping to gather wisdom from others. Perhaps there isn’t a method available yet, but I’m keen to learn more. :slight_smile:

1 Like