Multiple Crashes After 10.5 Pro upgrade

Sorry I didn’t include my Cubase version in my above post.

It’s the Cubase Pro 10.5.5 that is crashing here, no improvement from the 10.5 on macOS Sierra.

Correct, it just gets stuck, no crash report, we have to force quit it…

I’m 100% sure this is a mojave problem too, it’s the 3rd party plugins, and again, having 2 open at the same time. It’s ridiculous to say that they don’t support Sierra and High Sierra, there isn’t much of a difference between the OSX versions if they make it work well on Mojave. I’m actually thinking that I’ve wasted my money upgrading this software and steinberg is getting away with it! It’s been 2 months already and nobody gives a damn about our problems…

Aaah … and I should obviously not have celebrated so soon because just right now it hard-crashed again. Completely zapped into non-existence. Sorry!

… also this time when loading a new drum kit in Superior Drummer 3 [latest version]. It was no problem loading the default kit, but when loading a different preset “Radio Rock Yamaha” (still from within the default sample package) the whole DAW just disappeared from screen. Tried twice now. Exactly the same.

Hi

I am finding also on Windows 10 Cubase disappears when using Jamstix 4.
Changig kits etc does the job.
There is also no log or crash dump

All the best
John

This is so frustrating. It keeps crashing randomly on my Mac, and I used to run it perfectly (previous versions, prior to upgrade) and middle ware at the same time, so really this is crap! Just now i gave up composing new track because it crashed 3 times on me.

Constant Crashes on Mojave here. 10.5.20 crashes on loading plugins, changing windows or just randomly.
I upgraded from 8.5 that was running like a breeze on these machines, just to get this terrible experience that literally frustrates me to the point that i give up making music.
I ve used Cubase since 1996. Really, I am so bummed by the lack of support on developer side.
On top of everything, I cannot run 8.5 anymore. For whatever reason, I know i could run older versions if I have the licence for the last version - now i cannot even roll back to my stable environment.

I bought Cubase pro 10.5 this week and activated it and it simply doesn’t open.

I get the same window over and over again saying: “The application was terminated unexpectedly” and gives me the option to open without 3rd party plugins and to disable preferences but no matter what I do it keeps crashing. I’ve tried deleting the preferences as mentioned above but it keeps crashing. Didn’t open even once. Feel like going back to Ableton and getting a refund…

I’m on OSX Mojave. Steinberg any help??

I am having a continuous issue using the T guitar plug in from halion.

it loads up fine and seems to be working correctly, however when i play something like a fast continuous strum on the guitar, it locks up to a nasty buzzing sound and the only way to stop it is to use the task manager to shut down cubase.
the system manager is saying that cubase is not responding, so it must be an issue with cubase itself and not the T guitar plug in.
The problem i have is that i upgraded to 10.5 and also bought the T guitar plug in on the same day, so i have no way of knowing which one has caused the issue.
i won’t know which it is if i delete the plugin as it only happens whilst using the T guitar plug in.

has steinberg actually responded to any of these issues yet?

i have a massive spec on my PC and when i’ve checked the system usage at the time the crashes occur its hardly even scratching the surface of the power and ram available?

any help would be greatly appreciated as its holding up my production badly!

cheers

Paul