Multiple FX send

Hi, i have just watched a video on sending an fx to a track, i created an fx track, i inserted an fx in the fx inspector, opened the track inspector and selected the fx and it works fine, but when i add another fx in the fx inspector it does not show in the track inspector so that i can add multiple fx? the only vids i can find are for single fx routing not for sending multiple fx to a single track, can anyone advise me please?
thank you for your great support.

Hi,

Of course, you can use up to 8 Inserts on theFX Track, same as other tracks. Could you send a screenshot, please?

Yes this is possible… i frequently do things like sending a delay to a reverb or a reverb to a chorus etc…

@matt, yes i am aware it can be done, but it’s not being done as i said in the post… lol
@Martin pics attached

Ok i think i’m with you now… this reminds me a little of the intermittent side chain issue some of us seem to experience occasionally where either an existing side chain will disappear or not be possible to create…dumb question i know but have you tried restarting cubase, updating eLC etc?

hi matt, i had to many issues with update, i have only just turned cb on

If you haven’t done already try what i suggested… it may or may not work but if it does then it could be one of those intermittent issues…

What you are showing there is perfectly correct to add FX in series…the send that is named after the first FX (Absybth in this case) will also go through the following FX (roomworks) in that same track.

If you want to send differing amounts from channels to the 2 FX then you need to create one FX channel for Absynth and another for roomworks…this way they operate in parallel

This is what i alluded to in my first post

ahhh ok @grim and matt, so i put all the plugins into the fx track, and then i control the fx to the track by the amount i send, ie if i had 5 fx in the send and i only wanted 2 fx sent to the track i would reduce the amount of sends from the fx i did not want to use to zero and adjust and increase the fx i wanted to use on the track, is this how it works?
thank you

Ok try this… ONE send effect per channel… or EACH effect you are sending too is on it’s OWN individual channel… you can of course use multiple effects per ‘FX Aux’ but let’s just keep it simple for now…

So if you want a reverb and a chorus then put the reverb on its own channel and then create another fx channel on which you will place your chorus… they will show up as separate ‘send destinations’ in your aux sends list then…

it seems what you’re trying to do is to create a ‘global’ fx bus whereby you ‘send to the effect’ rather than the channel it is on… this is not possible…
it looks like you’ve kind of got the wrong end of the stick somewhere… i’ll post a pic in a little while but i’m quite busy at the moment… it’s VERY simple once you understand the concept!

So if you want a reverb and a chorus then put the reverb on it’s own channel and then create another fx channel on which you will place your chorus… they will show up as separate ‘send destinations’ in your aux sends list then…

right that is what i was looking for, so i need to create seperate fx channels for each fx, and by doing it the first way i was creating fx going through fx which is what i didnt want, is this correct?

EXACTLY!!! :smiley:

lol pmsl, so one last q, what uses the most resources, inserts or multiple fx channels sends?

I have no idea being honest but from my own experience if there is it’s so miniscule as to be unnoticeable.
It’s obviously more economical to use one or two reverbs on sends than multiple reverbs on inserts though…

Resources will rise with the number of plugs in use. How you add them makes no difference but obviously one reverb plug with 10 channels feeding it at differing levels will be a lot less resource hungry than 10 reverb plugs inserted on those channels.

Resources will rise with the number of plugs in use. How you add them makes no difference but obviously one reverb plug with 10 channels feeding it at differing levels will be a lot less resource hungry than 10 reverb plugs inserted on those channels.

yep thats what i was looking for
thank you Grim