Multiple instances of MiniSampler?

Seems if I create multiple midi tracks each with a MiniSampler, they all share the same instance of the instrument. Whatever sound I load will be the same across the several tracks. Is this the case or am I missing something?

Hi Confusa,

You can easily load several (individual) instances of the instruments included in Cubasis, be it MiniSampler, Micrologue or MicroSonic. Each instrument instance holds its own preset.

Best,
Lars

Hmm, not sure how this is supposed to work then. I create a track with the MiniSampler as the instrument and assign some samples to it. I create another track choosing the MiniSampler and when I pull the sampler up the sounds are the same as on the other track. If I delete the samples and assign others, when I go back to the previous track is has the new samples. Which leads me to guess they are sharing the same instance.

Am I doing something wrong?

Hi confusa,

Multiple instances of Minisampler works as expected.

If I delete the samples and assign others, when I go back to the previous track is has the new samples.

Yes, it’s caused by your used preset.
You must change the Minisampler Preset for every track to use different assigned samples.
Works here with different assigned samples on different presets on several midi tracks.

best Jan

Ah, I see it now. There is a slight workflow problem with this approach though, treating the instances as presets. Now over a couple of songs, I have over 10 presets and they are really only applicable to individual songs. As ones song count, and hence preset count grows, this will become rather cumbersome.