Multiple Key Editors Open At Once

Sometimes having multiple tracks in one key editor is a bit annoying, is there a way to have multiple key editors open with different tracks?

Sure can. Although all the MIDI Editors in Cubase base what they are editing on MIDI Parts and not Tracks.

In Preferences>Editors uncheck “Editor Content Follows Event Selection”

1 Like

I don’t know if this is a bug in Cubase Pro 13, but this setting does nothing for me. On or off, it’s the same thing.

I’m going crazy trying to open two key editors in their own window, one taking up the upper half, the other the lower half. One key editor would have one track, the other, another track. Basically, I want to open (not always, just in this case), one key editor in its own separate window each time I double click on a part or event. That’s the way I have it setup, but each time I double click in a part, it opens in the same key editor window. It’s like when you click on the instrument button, if you click on it in the track header, it opens in a window, if you click the button in another track, it opens in another window. I just want that for the key editor.

But it seems to be impossible. Is it?

It works as expected here. Still using the same Preference Settings as above. If it’s not changing with either setting I’d suspect your Preferences might be corrupt. Try starting in Safe Mode and see if that helps. Full directions are in the manual.

Could it be that it doesn’t work that way in macOS, only in Windows?

I suppose. But I’d expect something like this would be getting lots of complaints here if was occurring broadly on even one OS.

That’s a fair point. But I keep trying this and it’s not working like you show in your screenshot. Could there be another setting that also needs to be enabled or disabled for this to work?