Multiple Output sends from iPad Pro

Can Cubasis send multiple outputs (at least 8 separate sends) from an iPad Pro? The situation I have is that I want to play 8 pre-recorded audio stems (prepared at home on Cubase and exported as 8 separate mp3 files) along with live musicians/singers in a live performance. I would like to keep the 8 stems separate to 8 outputs (to a multiple output interface) so that front-of-house main console operator has individual control of each of the 8 audio stems. Make sense?

Hi @Anthonyb88,

Thank you for your message and a warm welcome to the Cubasis forum!

Cubasis supports up to 24 inputs and outputs, depending on the capacities of the class compliant audio device in use.

Hope that helps and answers your question!

Enjoy making music
& stay well,
Lars

Awesome! Is an iPad class compliant? And do you recommend a certain audio interface that works with Cubasis and an iPad?

Hi @Anthonyb88,

Thanks for your message.

Cubasis fully supports class compliant audio devices.
Nowadays you should find lots of interfaces supporting this standard.

Steinberg has its own range of high class audio interfaces which has been developed with Yamaha and work great with iOS devices and Cubasis:

Hope that helps!

Best,
Lars

Ok - So, I’m trying to send 8 separate outs from Cubasis to audio interface (TASCAM 16x8). However, Cubasis 3 does not allow mono outs. So, am I correct in suggesting that this is how I get 8 mono outs: Assign Track 1 to Stereo Output 1/2 and pan hard left. Assign Track 2 to Stereo Output 1/2 and pan hard right. Assign Track 3 to Stereo Output 3/4 and pan hard left. Assign Track 4 to Stereo Output 3/4 and pan hard right. And so on… All my audio tracks are mono. Is there another way of doing this?

Hi @Anthonyb88,

MIDI and audio tracks can be assigned to up to 24 individual outputs > 12 stereo pairs simultaneously.

Hope this will work for you.

Best,
Lars

Thank you. Another question - when I tested this with my UR44, it seems that I can’t send CUBASIS output 1/2 just to the UR44 input 1. So, CUBASIS output 1/2 gets sent to both UR44 input 1 & 2 (as stereo). So, in fact, my four input UR44 actually just becomes a 2 stereo input; that is, I only have two fully separate outs. Am I missing something? Is there a way to separate CUBASIS outputs 1/2 to two separate mono outs?