Multiple Outs for GA4 in Cubase 8

I use Addictive Drums 2 and when I add the plugin and enable all the outputs in the VST Rack, AD2 automatically knows to route (and automatically labels) each output Kick, Snare, HH, Tom1, Tom2, etc… Even when I change kits the mixer always automatically routes the different drum parts to the multi-outputs in the Cubase mixer.

Does GA4 also provide this? I’m using GA SE in Cubase 8 and enabling the outputs in the VST rack doesn’t automatically route different parts to the multi-outputs. Would be nice if GA4 did this. I do think AD2 is a little unique in this sense, but it’s a huge time saver.

Thanks,
Mark

Hi Mark,

Groove Agent doesn’t automatically create the direct routing when you enable the outputs. But you could create this setup in the GA4 mixer once and save is as a preset like “direct outs”. This way you can recall the routing setup every time you enable the outputs.

Thanks, Matthias. Sounds like a solid idea.

GA4 SE is resetting the pad’s output-routing whenever I drag a sample from the Media Bay. This is definitely a new (broken) behaviour in Cubase 8 (8.05). Is there any way to prevent this from happening? It’s super annoying to have to reset it every time I drag a sample.

Thanks!

~Stu

Hi Stud,

Indeed, this is a bug. We have added it to the list and will fix it with the next update.

Hey Matthias …

A year later, this is still broken even on the most up-to-date software I can find … Cubase 8.5.10, GA SE4 v4.2.20.315.

Any idea when this might get fixed?

Thanks,

~Stu