Multiple Pedal Marks in Cubase 11 Pro

I know I’m a stick-in-the-mud - still using Cubase to create sheet music when I ‘should’ be spending loads of money on Dorico, and spending many hours learning to use a whole new system that, as far as I can tell, doesn’t integrate with Cubase in the way I need it to.

So my problem is that I nearly always play my piano parts in rather than laboriously entering notes one-by-one. Of course I use the sustain pedal quite often, but every time I press it, Cubase enters many Pedal signs at almost (but not quite) the same place. I can get rid of some of the redundant signs by quantising them and using ‘Delete Doubles’, but there are still many multiples left that I only can delete by working on them individually as far as I can see. Instead I tend to just hide the whole damn lot, which can be annoying if it’s a piece in which I want the pedal signs to appear. I’m using a Yamaha Arius keyboard, YDP-142.
Any suggestions please?
Thanks
David

Hi,

It’s obvious, Yamaha Arius keyboard, YDP-142 doesn’t use the Sustain Pedal On/Off, but it send continuous data. The easiest way would be just to ignore other but 0 and 127 values. You can use Input Transformer:

Filter Target
( Type Is | Equal | Controller | And
Value 1 | Equal | CC 64 (Sustain) | And
Value 2 (MIDI Controller Value) | Inside Range | 1 | 126

Action Target
---

Function
Filter

But there is a risk, if you wouldn’t press the pedal completely down, you wouldn’t get the Sustain Pedal On message.

1 Like