Multiple Project Windows

We have multiple mixer windows, why not multiple Project Windows? What if you wanted to set your visibility config to only see your Midi and Instrument tracks on one, and all you audio on another - kind of like an Ableton Rewire - wouldn’t that be nice?

+1

+1

Regards. :sunglasses:

This is much needed! I use Divide Tracks to split instrumental tracks and vocal tracks in mixing projects, and was searching for a way to have each set of tracks from the Divide feature each on their own screen, in their own project window. Being able to create new project windows and split tracks/folders/groups to different windows, and then to different screens (I have 5 screens), would allow to see projects as a whole without needing to scroll up and down hundreds of tracks looking for things and losing momentum.

This would also be useful when you want to access different sections of the timeline simultaneously. For example copying items from verse 1 to verse 3 with both areas zoomed in.

Still waiting on this to happen! Every new version that comes out, I hope this has been added… but nope!

Found out this is something that is already available in Dorico, so there is already some kind of “foundation” for the requested feature. Really hope to see this added in the near future! It is a must and will drastically increase speed of work, reducing scrolling (vertical and horizontal) times and allowing to have a much bigger “field of view” within projects.

Dorico feature: Opening multiple project windows

It’s actually very helpful to know that Dorico can do this. Helps add fuel to the fire for adding it to Cubase/Nuendo.