Multiple Track Freeze (Unfreeze) [Achieved]

I agree fully on that. It’s not critical, more of a nice to have. And yes, the 5 sec default length if most often sufficient, and one can take obvious longer ones in a second go (or simply increase the time length further). Still, it would be a time saver, you would not need to even think about it anymore.

Let’s call it an optional add-on feature. Batch Freeze Deluxe version.

I also mentioned a simpler approach, if the “Automatic tail size detection” is too much hazzle to implement:

• an additional Fade-out section to the tail end (this approach will also avoid any abrupt ending, fading out instead, and is easier to implement (no audio measuring needed)).

So I can see 3 different levels of ambition to the Batch Freeze function:

1. Include “Automatic Tail Size Detection” (detect tail silence automatically, option to set threshold value and fade-out length).
  2. Include “Fade-out section” that automatically applies to the tail end (option to set fade-out length).
  3. None of the above, just cut the tail at set time length (as now) (sufficient most of the time).

This functionality could be used though also for Render-in-place and for Arranger Track Events, so it’s not only for Batch Freeze.
But yes, it is more important to have the Batch Freeze at all, than to also include additional finesse.

+1

+1

+1

+1 need this in my life! :slight_smile:

Quick notification for anyone wishing for this feature to click the VOTE button at the top of the post. This is a new way for Steiny to look at feature requests.

Voted!

I see this has been a persistent request for a decade, is there any hope on this?

It would also be great to be able to extend freeze to group and effect tracks too.

I came here to ask how to set multiple tracks to freeze in one pass (while I go get coffee or make a phone call)

I was sure I was just not seeing ‘how’ due to my lack of experience in Cubase.

How is it that PT, Logic, StudioOne (and probably others I haven’t tried) all do this since Forever?

I’m kind of flabbergasted that Cubase is forces me to sit and click and wait, click and wait, click and wait… yikes

+1

1000000%

+1

I just upgraded from 9 for this… and WOW it’s still not there!

I totally second all you are saying - especially the ability to have a key command. It should be easy if the freeze function would be a menu item. Then we could assign a shortcut to it, use it more easily in the Logical Editor and so on. Steinberg has done so much in the batch processing functionality in the last 2-3 versions of Cubase and I cannot understand why this feature request has been omitted for so long.

I’d even say anyone can draw an event at the end of any track or just drawing the handle to make it longer, accommodating for any long tails. I’d be happy with a 4 Bar (or 5 Seconds) fixed length tail without an option to set the length if that was what it takes to get the requested feature.

From CP12 notes future update notes:

“The second is a feature request that will finally make it into Cubase: Extended Channel Freeze capabilities in the Edit Menu freeze multiple selected tracks at once. Of course this includes Key Commands for Freeze/Unfreeze of selected channels and Freeze/Unfreeze of selected channels with current settings.”

Do I wish it was there on launch? yes.
Am I extremely grateful to Steinberg for finally including it even if we have to wait a bit longer? Heck yes!

1 Like

Solved. Finally. Thanks for your patience. Please remove your votes.

2 Likes