Multitrack Drum Quantizing Problems

In a studio, and especially on electric kits, you don’t have to hit that hard. I find that, especially live, when you start hitting too hard the timing goes because the muscles are working to produce sound rather than follow your brain’s timing cues. Pay extra care to tuning, if it’s a sound issue, to get that sound, relax and concentrate on the music rather than the drums. Loud is also expensive in the cymbal department.
Try to relax the shoulder and upper arm especially for more energy and stamina and less sweat and don’t grip so hard for more speed.

Thanks guys.
Split - looks like I misposted what I was trying to say. It should read ‘the last thing I want to do is continue to lean on you folks.’

As far as drumming, I hear what you’re saying and thanks for the tips. It’s just the way I’ve always done it I guess. I hit the way I do but it does not affect my timing. It actually affects timing when I try to lighten up too much. I learned drums in my teens and I’m 31 years old now, so it’s hard to break old habits I guess. I truly feel that you can hear the energy of a drummer come through on a record though - drums that are lightly played sound different than drums that are hit. And to me, the drummer is the backbone of a band. If you have a kickin’ drummer you CAN have a kickin’ band. If you don’t have a kickin’ drummer, you’ll NEVER have a kickin’ band.

Thank you very much, once again.
Mike

Hey ya’ll,
Just wanted to say thanks one last time. An update:

• I really struggled with slicing and quantizing and getting it to sound smooth, so I resorted to manually cutting and slightly moving some of the drums that were off. It turned out great. My first song, fully written recorded and mixed by myself is 100% complete. Sounds fantastic! I couldn’t be happier. 8 to go!

Thanks to everyone who took a minute here and there to help me out. It’s very much appreciated.

Mike