Multitrack Quantize in Artist 6

I have a multitrack drum part recorded in Cubase Artist 6. I want to quantize the drum part but group editing is not an available feature for Artist. My question is this: is there any way to quantize multiple tracks in Artist 6? I don’t mind if it isn’t easy so long as it is possible. Upgrading to the full version of Cubase, which would easily solve the problem, is not currently an option for me.

The main problem is getting all the drum tracks sliced in the same place as there is naturally bleedthrough from one track to the next. If I can figure out how to slice all the tracks in the same place, I should be able to quantize the tracks individually to get a workable result.

I’ve played around and tried a few different things but have not had success. I’ve searched around in the forum and was unable to find help specific to my issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Assuming A6 doesn’t have group edit?

Select all the tracks and with snap to zero off cut a track, all tracks will be cut at the same place.

Once cut at the beat points (or just before) use slip edit to move the contents in the container. Make adjustments then Xfade.

Thanks for the quick response! And you’re correct, Artist does not allow the “group edit” function.

Here is what I tried previously; I used the snare drum and generated hit points. Then I created markers at the hit points. Then using the scissor tool, I set the “snap to” function to “events” (you can also create events at the hit points, which might work better but for all intents and purposes, the method I used worked) and I was able to get the scissor tool to snap to the markers. Then I selected all the tracks and painstakingly split them all at each hit point.

I had hoped that “splitting” would work the same as “slicing” and allow me to quantize at the splits (instead of the slices) but that didn’t work. It hadn’t occurred to me to manually move the tracks to where I need them to be once I split them (as opposed to using quantize) and that should work, though it will be a time-consuming process. That’s okay though if it’s the only way to do it. I also didn’t realize that I could use crossfade without quantizing. If there were a way to copy slice points from one track to another, that would speed things up considerably but alas, I don’t think that’s possible in Artist.

I’ll give your suggestion a try. Thanks again for the advice, and if you (or anyone else) ever think of a less time-consuming way to do it, I’ll be all ears!