Multitrack recording with UR824s and the iPad

Hi,

With the release of firmware version 2.0, featuring USB Class-Compliant (CC) mode, the UR824 becomes a standalone 24-channel mixer that can be controlled from the iPad. Cubasis allows for remote control and multitrack recording. A 3U standard rack, an iPad, and you have 24 high-quality microphone and instrument inputs easy to carry around at gigs.

I wonder if the only software that can drive this system is Cubasis. Are any other music application capable of using the UR, and be used as a remote control for this system?

EDIT: If I understand correctly, Cubasis can only record at “CD quality”. Not very much. An app capable of recording at higher specs would be greatly appreciated!

Paolo

I can understand your interest, and I too am interested about trying the new class compliant driver with my Android tablet. But I’m doing this for fun really; when it comes to it, is a laptop + UR824 rack really that much more bulky than an iPad +UR824?

Steve.

No, but live mixing with all your fingers (on a virtual control surface) is a lot better than mixing with the mouse/trackpad pointer!

Paolo

Good point…I’ll have a mess around with Android and report back if anything works.

Steve.