[Music] Apollo 11

Hello,

I sketched this track out 20 years ago and worked on it on and off over that period. About 2 months ago (end of May) I decided to try to finish it and have worked on it every day since then.

Any pointers on whether the mix is bad/good, has any issues I could work on. My objectivity is very much gone now due to my closeness.

Also, please could someone help me identify the genre? EDM/Orchestral is the best I can do but EDM isn’t a genre as such, just a very general label for electronic dance music I guess.

https://soundcloud.com/neondreamstar/apollo-11

Thank you very much,
Darren

It’s great timing, Mobius, glad you finished it. I liked it from beginning to end, especially the little tribute to 2001 Space Odyssey at the end (I did hear that, didn’t I?). Mix is great. I would give the snare a lttle more punch/compression, but that’s pretty minor. Thanks for posting.

Thank you very much. I really appreciate your comments.

I’ve just uploaded a new version with deeper kick drum, improved middle section with added choir. I have also increased the snare volume a bit, although it still might need tweaking more as it’s a bit low at the end.

I must have channeled 2001 and Richard Strauss unconsciously because I think I was going for immense boldness and might. But now that you mention it, it does have a lot in common. I knew it was not original, but wanted a dramatic ending so allowed myself the inevitable comparisons.

Thanks again!

Yes, Early21 is fully right. I enjoyed the progression. For the genre, well, in line with some Vangelis perhaps and Alan Parsons sounds perhaps…

Yes, Early21 is fully right. I enjoyed the progression. For the genre, well, in line with some Vangelis perhaps and Alan Parsons sounds perhaps…

Nice recording! Transparent, good separation and clarity. It has a nice infusion of rotating instrumentation that moves you around and in and out of the stereo field nicely.
My description is not a viable genre but I would classify it as Galactic Trance. :slight_smile:

I’m a big Alan Parsons and Vangelis fan, so not surprising I guess. Thank you so much for taking the time to reply.

Now on to the video I need to make. :slight_smile:

Galactic Trance eh? I like it :smiley:

Thank you for your kind words. You’re very good at describing in detail what you hear - it’s not an easy thing to do!

Best wishes and happy composing. :sunglasses:

Thank you!

If I may ask, what interface are you using?

My audio interface? I’m rocking a MOTU 828es. It replaced my aging 828 mk2 FireWire which died on me last year. Seems pretty good so far. :sunglasses:

Cool. I see it’s got good ratings. I’m using the Roland Studio Capture but I still sniff around to see hat’s out there.
Thanks.