[Music] Flight

I removed the EQ settings of the bassline (which also brought down the volume) and bumped the volume up by 2 dBs to compensate.

I recorded a true harmony line, ran it through Melodyne (I was horribly off-key in spots in spite of the fact that I had my cans on one ear only), and then incorporated it into the mix.

I also noticed something that I missed last time. When I now record main vocal lines, I always duplicate the track twice; do a pitch shift on one line of -3 cents (and the other by +3 cents); and then move the -3 track backward 30 msecs (and the +3 track forward 30 msecs). (That last adjustment guarantees no comb filter effect.) Pulling back the volume considerably - here it is -24 dBs - allows me to add some meat to the vocal line without it sounding too much like I have multiple tracks.

I also always pan the -3 hard left and the +3 hard right, but I had forgotten to pan these the last time I mixed down. This has been done this time, so the vocal line should sound a little better too.

On a side note: for those of you who use Bandcamp and have a Facebook page, Bandcamp now has a Facebook application that you can install so that you get a separate tab for your music directly on Facebook. It’s neat. :smiley: