[MUSIC] Flying Eagle (Beautiful Bird Remix) - World/New Age

Hi,

This is a remix of my own piece which I’m still working on. I just went off on a tangent for a bit and this is the result.

The mix has too much treble I think. I’ve not spent a lot of time mastering it yet…

https://soundcloud.com/darren-prescott-215846215/flying-eagle-beautiful-bird-remix

Hope you like it. Any comments welcome.

Best wishes,
Darren :slight_smile:

Hi Darren, just listened to this. I thought the mix sounded good. When you say “remix”, are you just saying your current version of the mix? I don’t have criticisms of the mix, and I like the vocal samples, which, I assume are, well, you’re not supposed to assume these days; can you elucidate? I’m just looking for the deeper meaning! Really nice job.

Hello,

It’s very good of you to take the time to listen and comment.

By “remix”, I literally mean I took a few elements of a “new” track that I’m still in the process of writing, and wrote this new piece which is quite a bit different from the original track. I’ve been working on that original track for about 25 years now (not constantly you understand). I’m just very slow at writing due to various health problems I have.

The male vocal samples are from Ethno World 6 - the Native American section. The flute is called a Chinese Temple Flute from the Heart of Asia sample CD collection by Spectrasonics. I created the Asian female spoken word samples from scratch myself using the text to voice service on my Mac. I had to spell things a bit strangely to get the pronunciation and inflections just right. Some of it I needed to manually x-fade between a few phonetic samples to form the words. Took quite a bit of work, but I’m happy with the way it sounds now.

Thank you for your kind words.

Again, I like what you’ve done, and thanks for your clarification. I have been working on some tracks for nearly 25 years, so I understand! I am unbelievably slow. At some point before I am through with this mortal coil, all my tracks will be perfect. Or maybe not, who cares anyway? Again, thanks for letting us listen. If you have more, post them!

Sounds good here on the phone speakers. Bright but not harsh. Cool track.

Thank you. Nice of you to leave a comment. Much appreciated. :slight_smile: