Music frame truncating referenced flow

Inserting a music frame does not display all the music in that flow. I’ve never seen this before. Here’s the original flow:

And here is the page with the frame referencing that flow:

As you can see, the last lines of music are not displayed, even though the music frame has plenty of room for them. The system break in the original flow is not the problem - the lines are not displayed with or without it being there.

Thanks!

For a diagnosis of the problem, this is the sort of thing that needs a project, not a picture.
What happens if you put a Frame Break at the top of the page and set it to Wait For Next Frame Break?
Have you perhaps set Layout Options > Staves and Systems > Casting Off to 7 systems per frame, but left the box ticked for Scale number of systems by frame height?

Thank you, Leo. The frame break idea didn’t change anything, and all of the boxes in Layout Options > Staves and Systems > Casting Off are unticked. FrameNotDisplaying.dorico (775.2 KB)

I uploaded a project file, I tried to delete as much as I could, but I have no idea how to delete more without also deleting the page that is at issue :frowning:

Thanks, as always, for your help.

This was a bit of a head-scratcher.

If you draw another music frame underneath the existing one (on page 12), then set it reference the LBC frame chain, you’ll find that the bar that was off the end of the existing music frame has a Frame Break set. Select and delete that Frame Break, then delete the redundant second music frame.

My supposition is that at some point you must have inadvertently typed Shift-F with the start of bar 26 selected.

1 Like

Thank you so much pianoLeo. I would never have figured this out without your help.

One point that baffles me still is that deleted the entire frame and started over from scratch several times, why would the hidden frame break still persist?

But you are amazing and thank you so much!

Each Frame Chain has its own set of frame breaks and system breaks.

My guess (I’m not at a computer) is that if you’d created a new Frame Chain - by doing something else with the LBC Frame Chain and then creating yet another music frame - you’d then get the whole flow without any errant breaks. I can’t remember having seen this particular situation before, though, so there’s a good chance I’ve got something wrong.

1 Like