[Music]HornForHire/surfer/Lenny - Everybody's Fine - NEW MIX

Hi Early,

No, of course I don’t mind! :slight_smile:
I’m happy with the build up at the moment: the first verse without harmonies, the second with harmonies and then the horns come in at the chorus.
You might be right about the ride though, I think I only used it in the outro… I’ll see what I can do.

Thanks!
Wim

Thanks Ian! Lenny sure did a great job! :sunglasses:

There’s a few nits with the vocal that stood out for me:

• ‘badge’ sounds more like ‘batch’
  • the ‘esses’ are all but missing from "gra> ss> " - sounds like you’re singing “graa”

Good points! I did sing sing the ‘ss’ in ‘grass’ BTW, but it got burried in the mix and I also hardly sing the esses with the harmoniy vocals, to prevent things like ‘grass-s-s’ and ‘s-s-smokes-s-s’. I will fix this.

Wasn’t a fan of the doubling of the sax at 2:16 - or maybe just leave double for the later part of the solo at 2:26?

I’m not sure… I played the first part in unison and the second part with harmonies in the saxes, I like the effect.

Anyway, all-in-all a very FINE production! > :smiley:

Thanks again! :smiley:

Hi Michael,

Thanks a lot! :sunglasses:
Have a great 2012 as well!

Wim

Hey there! I haven’t been around for a while. Sorry I forgot I hadn’t commented on this, Wim.
This was really a pleasure to play on - it’s different, stylistically, from what I’m used to doing -
and I finally got to repay Wim somewhat for all the fine work he’s done on my tunes.

Nice tune, Wim - and thanks for bringing me on board. The mix tweaks you did sound fine to me.
Everything sits nicely. Let’s do it again! :slight_smile:

Hi Lenny,

Thanks again for your great bass playing! :sunglasses:
I’m very happy with the result.

Cheers,
Wim

I put up another version:

• Ride cymbal in the second and third chorus (good call, Early! :slight_smile: )
  • Fixed some vocal issues (thanks Ian! :sunglasses: )
  • A few minor level and EQ tweaks

Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment!
Much appreciated.

Wim

Bravo!

As if I heard a couple of Mu Major chords… That is sick, man. :smiley:

This is a great track Wim. Really tasty. I like the “softening/decline” on the word fine leading into each chorus.
Subtle but substantial. Some soul-sounding BV oohs too, well done. The vocals all round are excellent, with close
harmonies throughout. Cool. Love the Dutch “anuddder day”… :wink:

Nice work from Mr B on the lyrics.

I’ll say Lenny sounds OK. :laughing: MIA. Narlsworthy. © Jet Crawford 2012.

Looking like a hot several few months Mr K. Nice!

I like this track, it’s catchy and has a nice hook to it.
yes fine :smiley: great job!

I think Wim is one way-underated singer.

Thanks! :smiley:

Haha, yes, you heard it right Ari! :smiley:

For those of you who don’t know the Mu Major chords: Steely Dan - Wikipedia
Or: Steely Dan - The Mu Major Chord

Thanks Jet! :slight_smile:

D@mn! Missed that one! :smiling_imp:

Haha, thanks! :smiley:

Thanks for listening! :slight_smile:

Thanks Steve! :sunglasses:

Neil Young eh? I can live with that! :smiley:

Cheers,
Wim

You’re way too kind… :blush:
I know my limitations, but I love singing, especially those harmonies! :slight_smile:

Thanks my friend! :sunglasses:

Hi guys

Just thought I’d give this another listen. Great stuff. :sunglasses:

Thanks Dave! :sunglasses:

This has got a lovely 70’s/80’s atmosphere to it - I can’t think of anything specific, other than a bit of harmony that was beautifully reminiscent of Peaches en Regalia (is that the name?)

Lovely stuff. But to be a little bit controversial, I thought the mix was lacking in the low end - it sounded a bit too mid-range. I always feel controversial if I mention anything about a mix because I feel very poorly qualified to do so; but I’m reminded of the last Lenny Lee thing I heard, which he recorded on a portable Zoom recorder, and the bass spectrum on that recording sounded much fuller to my ears.

Great tune.

Steve.