[Music] I Just Don't Believe

[Sigh]

Thanks Jet. Right now I’m a bit overwhelmed with this and a bunch of other stuff. However, if I’m intending on sticking to an attempt to publish this then I have to push through my stuff to figure out what’s wrong with the mix here.

The version you heard is a rather squished version so that I am able to push the overall loudness up without clipping (and also while keeping within the K-14 spec). I’ll try undoing that to see if that restores some of the lower end.

Release Candidate 1 is below (and I will include the link in the first post).

Release Candidate 1

It incorporates Sav’s rhythm guitars, George (not a forum member)'s drums, and was remixed completely from scratch.

Jet, I boosted the low end of the bass and tried to carve out more room for it in the mix. Also, I added an exciter to the vocal track, which hopefully got rid of enough mids to make it less grating to the ears.

Feedback is greatly appreciated!

O yes, this is getting better! I just miss some backing vocals (hint hint :smiley: )

I like the tune, very timely. Well done on a lot of fronts. Crits, snare is leaning to the left, at least on my system; vox sounds pitchy and hurts my ears, maybe make a little room in the center of the mix, back off the exciter/highs and still keep it understandable, easy right? Also there are some notes in the guitar solo that need to be tamed. Keep up the good work, the song’s worth the effort.

I agree with Dylan actually, some backing vocals coming in towards the end might be nice.

Well Strophoid,

I made a vocal track lead and backings and send it to Larry, but I think it must be awfull, he said nothing :blush:

OMFG I completely forgot about what you sent me. But I thought that was a Club Remix not backing vocals. :laughing:

I’ll have a listen tonight at some point.

Nooo, just a vocal track that you can slam on your mix, I did it for fun and I thought maybe you got some inspiration from the backing vocals.

Greets Dylan.

I’m not sure I can fix the snare. I’ll have to pan the entire drum mix to the right a bit which may through other things off-center. I’ll give it a shot.

Yeah, I hate my vocals. I could correct the slight off-pitch notes but I’m terribly afraid of making it sound like T-Pain. I’ll give this a shot too.

I have to use the Exciter on my vocals because my natural voice has a lot of mid in it. I do substractive EQ on it but it still lacks on the top end. I’m not sure anything could be done about this.

The solo was originally 99% spot on. Then I got a live drummer. :laughing: I know there are some issues with timing now. The two notes during the walk down at the end were due to me screwing up and initially playing the note a half step down but catching myself midway. It sounds sorta neat so I kept it.

How does one “make more room in the center of the mix?”

I love it! Check your FB mail for FTP server settings so that you can send me the two 44.1 / 24-bit WAV files. :smiley:

1. Added Dylan’s vocals, which kick this song into overdrive.
  2. I managed to find the appropriate frequency band to boost so that the kick is a bit more present.
  3. Spent some time adjusting levels.

Release Candidate 2

It’s done. Dylan is a genius. (It was a group effort really, but Dylan took the finished product and made it better by a factor of 1,000.)

I am uploading now to CD-Baby. This is the litmus test to see if there’s a possible future for this type of stuff for me. I will produce an MP3 shortly and make it available to people who email me here for a copy. You are all, after all, my musical family in a way.