Music marking question

Sorry to say I live where reading music is a sin. I need help, or I wouldn’t go off topic like I am now. I need a musicologist. I have nowhere else to turn.

In the attached piece, the expected sequence is this: 99-115 (1st ending), 100-114, 116 (2nd ending), 118-133, 100-114, 117. I don’t know how to make Dorico do that. (With all due respect, and I mean that, it was easy with Sibelius.)

What is Dorico doing at the moment?

Edit: You could turn the Close Ending into a 1-bar coda, jumping from the end of bar 114? Or, if space is not at an absolute premium, repeat the first few bars from 100-114 at the end of bar 133.

1 Like

Good ideas. If I can make them work, I’ll be sure to hit your Solution box.
And yes, what is happening? I’m not sure if you refer to the issue around my question (Sibelius had a slick and quick solution to any sequence of notes), or are you suggesting that people are actually not working on Sunday? Hard to tell. Hard to imagine.
Well, since you have solved my problem neatly for me, I checked the Solution box.
There are several more flows involved here, so I may or may not be able to make every one of them fit into no-page-turns except in pauses, which is mandatory for us guitar players.

Hihi :face_with_hand_over_mouth:, no I was referring to the behavior of Dorico with respect to your repeat structure…
My suspicion is, that after the D. S., it was playing ending 2 and Close and all of the B part again, right?

Yes, I think we are on the same page here.
“playing ending 2 and Close and all of the B part again, right” is exactly what it is doing.
After thinking it all over, I decided to leave it alone and write an explanation into the chart. There are 424 bars and six different sections in this 10-minute piece. The page turns are workable now–we can stop for appropriate pauses. I don’t want to go through all that again. It’s been over a week. I value your contribution. My thinking was tired and muddy before you clarified the problem. Thank you for that.

1 Like