[music] Tomorrow Never Knows

Smokin’! I really like your version of this classic, I think the boys would concur. You have maintained the trippy sound they were so into at the time, yet gave it a fresh twist. Well done.

John

Hi Lenny

I decided to have a good listen to your song, rather than searching for the Beatle’s verson to see what that sounded like.

Very strong, and I think that guitarist got some of your style of energy … I bet he’d heard you singing before - You were both able to be thin and sharp yet with punch. Also, I loved the way you and he kept a kind of Eastern Romance throughout.

All the best
Glyn

nice rendition…well done!

Hi Lenny,

Very good indeed , 'love the arrangement, is that all/mostly yours? Great guitar playing too!

Cheers mate,

Mauri.

Nice! I like this fresh new spin on this classic tune… in fact, while I know it’s almost sacreligious to suggest a cover could better than a Beatles original… well, I for one certainly think this 21st century version gives the original a run for it’s money.

Nice work all round. Smokin’ guitar!

:sunglasses:

PS: Shouldn’t this be in in the “Made With Cubase” forum?? :question:

:sunglasses:
" Listen to the colour of your dreams …"
:wink:
:slight_smile:

Lenny,

Very, very, very cool! Well done!

Best Wishes,
Nick

As long as the song has already been released in some format you’re welcome to do a cover. The owners of the work will be due any publishing revenue from it though.

I certainly don’t miss those somewhat irritating tape-loop squeaky noises in the original :laughing:

I think Steinberg is being extra cautious.

And you’re right, if you do a cover tune just for fun or to post on soundclick, that’s fine. It’s when you’re going to potentially make money off of it that you need to pay a licensing fee.

You can actually do this online nowadays, as long as your run is less than 5,000 units I believe. (Beyond that you’re talking about royalty payments, if I understand it correctly). You just go to the Fox Agency website and locate the song(s) you want to cover and then pay the fee. It’s actually a reasonable fee, but if I recall, they add an “agent’s fee” too (of course).

All your licensing questions are answered here(for the US)

http://www.harryfox.com/public/Licensing-GeneralFAQ.jsp

Thanks, Doug. I appreciate your comments. I tried to make it my own, but not have it be so ‘out there’
that people wouldn’t relate.
Yeah, I wanted that Ringo beat to be in there somewhere, though not throughout as the Beatles did.
FYI - I used the Abbey Road 60’s kit from Native Instruments for the Ringo beat (with no added reverb - that’s the natural ambience from the overhead mics) - then I used the Avatar kit from Superior Drummer for the heavier groove that comes later.

Hey John! Thanks for checking it out. Much appreciated. :sunglasses:

Thanks for giving this your attention, Glyn. I’m glad it’s working for you.
Yeah, Richie’s got energy to burn. I can’t wait to hear his reaction when I tell him we’ve had an ‘Eastern Romance’. :slight_smile:

Thanks for listening, Ferencz. :slight_smile:

Hey Mauri. thanks for your comments, mate! Yep, my arrangement. Richie Scarlet played the guitar, and yeah, he
burns. I was in his band in the early 80’s, and he’s had success as a hired gun for some names in the industry.
He’s toured with Ace Frehley, Leslie West/Mountain, Sebastian Bach, Neal Smith and Dennis Dunaway from Alice Cooper’s original band, among others.

Here’s his site: http://www.richiescarletmusic.com/index.html

I appreciate the praise, Ian, but please, don’t be comparing me favorably with the Beatles. I am -not- worthy! :laughing:

As for where I posted this, I suppose sometimes when I’m ready to post, the Rock Rebel in me comes out. :sunglasses:

Yes, in this context, ‘colour’ -must- be spelled with a ‘u’. :sunglasses:

Thanks, Dave. It means a lot coming from a synesthete. :wink:

Thank you kindly, Nick! :sunglasses:

If you’re battling with this and struggling to let it in after having the original version so ingrained, then I’ve done my job.
I don’t ask that you like it, just that you please listen. Thank you for giving it a chance, Steve.