[Music] Walking in Barcelona

Ok…I knew I was hearing something extra on those beats.

To my ears, the track sounds good. On the main system, with the sub, it sounds beefy but not thumpy or muddled. That kick or whatever, has a fundamental thats pretty low…probably wont even reproduce on smaller speakers…played back through a system with a good sub, it’s noticeable but I dont know if I would suggest turning it down…

Not entirely sure what I think, it sticks out in a way, not badly but…hhmmmm

What if you tried tweaking the sound a bit to get more sustain out of it…so instead of a fairly sharp percussive kick, you’ld have this low freq fundamental that would ring for a second or two…I know the drum that has this sound but cant for the life of me remember it’s name??? Taiko drum’s???

Sounds completely weird but I’m almost thinking use an old Roland 808 type kick. I dont know, just a thought but the mix sounds darn good to me.

All the best,

Karl

Nice one Larry and if something sounds good first thing in the
he morning it normally is. Not too sure about the flute but that could just be me.

Gerry

I’m glad to hear this. I don’t have a subwoofer, and my nearfield monitors have 3" drivers only so I miss a lot of that lower end response that you noticed on your main system.

I understand what your saying, and that may flesh out the sound a bit more. I am only using percussion on this song, so I’m not sure a kick is what it needs. I’ll keep this in the back of my mind and see what I can come up with.

Thank you. The recorder is something that either you love or hate, so I don’t begrudge you for that comment. My only regret is that the recorders I own are made of plastic and not wood like they were originally made so the sound lacks the organic quality that you would expect from a wood instrument.

Hiya Larry. I’m getting the Santana vibe too. All this needs is an SG solo and we’re really in the same ballpark. That’s a compliment too :sunglasses: The recorder is OK but could be better. Needs to be more fluent I guess.
Overall sound is great. Good work :sunglasses:

Cheers
Phil

Yeah, on the original I played the recorder a lot better. I would have lifted the track but it was done in 16-bit, and it’s noticeable. Call it a lack of regular playing - back then I taught the recorder to the Sunday School kids at church.

When I first recorded this, I played it back and immediately thought of Oye Como Va (either Santana or Tito Puente). It was unintentional though.

Thanks for the compliment though!

I’m getting to this rather late and did not read any of the comments, so this is without criticism. Nice flow and chord patterns throughout. Dead on timing with that note at the end.

I like this.
Michael