[Music] Where Are You? - FINAL

The piano line really took this song from good to great. Doug gets the credit here, not I.

Thank you, Larry, it was a pleasure. :sunglasses:

The song is still going through my head!

Could be a tad longer, though :arrow_right:

Great stuff Larry and Doug. Great playing all round. Nice and laid back, excellent :sunglasses:
Cheers
Phil

Thank you. I’m quite happy with the result. :smiley:

I don’t agree with that at all, and I’m not just trying to be “nice.” True, it comes off a bit “untrained”, but it’s got a nice timbre to it and it’s in tune. Personally, I like an “unaffected” vocal – one reason I detest the American Idol type of “singers”

Hi

Very nice collab. You guys should do some more.

Doug’s piano is class and I don’t think you are a bad singer at all Larry. :wink: :sunglasses:

Well, it’s in tune because I’m also a Melodyne owner. :laughing: I have gotten better at processing vocal tracks without leaving artifacts due to overuse.

Thanks!

Hi Larry,

This is very nice! I like this kind of ‘Lounge Jazz’.
Doug did a great job on the piano. :sunglasses:

I enjoyed this, thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Wim

Thanks!

Nice! Your vocal sounds pretty good Larry, maybe just a confidence thing… perhaps a little hesitant in places. Best way is to just sing more!

Nice piano Doug! Though I thought the overall piano tone was far too bright - I reckon a more mellow sound would sit better in this tune.

Nice ‘loungy’ tune all the same!
:sunglasses:

I’ll take responsibility for this, since it is an EQ issue. This may sound funny, but I didn’t want this song to sound overproduced - I really was going for a bit of grunginess in that I wanted to truly sound like it was coming from a jazz trio in a restaurant.

There is a Brazillian BBQ restaurant (upscale though the word “BBQ” has negative connotations) in Manhattan, Churrascaria Plataforma, that I went to once. The first time I went there for a bachelor party there was a Brazillian jazz band playing live during dinner. That is what I was channeling when I recorded this song.

I TOLD Larry he’d want to roll off some treble, so it would fit the rest of his tune better! :laughing:

Yes, you did. And I forgot. :smiley:

This has been fixed and the new version uploaded to BandCamp.