MusicXML Importer - Guitar TAB

Dorico 3.0.10 does not import Guitar TAB

Guitar Pro XML

The score correctly imports the standard notation, although the pitch is for piano, not guitar; the open E string is notated 1 Octave too high.

The TAB is imported into a 5 Line Stave with a TAB Clef, the TAB is imported as notes 3 octaves lower then they should be.

Sibelius Dolet 6 XML

The score correctly imports the standard notation, although the pitch is for piano, not guitar; the open E string is notated 1 Octave too high.

The TAB is imported into a 6 Line Stave with a TAB Clef, the TAB is imported as notes 3 octaves lower then they should be.

Sibelius XML

The TAB is imported into a 6 Line Stave with a TAB Clef, the TAB is imported as notes 3 octaves lower then they should be.

The good news is Dorico does import Lyrics via MusicXML which is very handy for troubleshooting missing elements under MusicXML.

I hope to see a fix for this soon.

We expect to be able to import guitar tab from MusicXML in the next feature-focused Dorico 3 update.

I have a MusicXML test file with all musical elements available in Guitar Pro which can’t be attached here.

Would you like a copy of it?

Great news! Finally there will be a Guitar Pro → Pro Notation solution.

As musicians progress as transcribers/notators they will have a pathway to create professional scores from simpler notation apps.

Any guitarist interested in orchestration will benefit from this.

Hi - good morning - is this expectation still current please? I’ve got a lot of tab files that I’d love to be able to import and edit in Dorico.

Yes, the next Dorico 3 update will include improved support for import of tablature in MusicXML.

Great - thanks very much