Mute button on VCA faders not working

In Cubase the mute button works on VCA faders but it does not work in Nuendo?

Or am I doing something wrong?

Different design of VCAā€™s.
No VCA Mute in Nuendo

Can someone explain exactly what the differences are and how we arrived at this situation given that Cubase and Nuendo supposedly share the same code base?

Some of us requested it as a ā€˜featureā€™ since it is absent in Nuendo. However, still no implementation.

I canā€™t fully remember. But it was a big and rather complex situation.

Something in the Cubase implementation made it ā€œunusable ā€œ in post. But honestly I canā€™t remember what it was.

Itā€™s hard to find stuff in this forum so perhaps someone can remember and recapitulate for those that werenā€™t around back then.

Cubase implementation was part of the link feature and bound to it. Iā€™m not sure it still is?
For true VCAs the control and linking HAS to be separate.
In Nuendo it was separated. However, it also had a bunch of other issues. Since it is not part of linking where cubase handles itā€™s mutes as you have noticed Nuendo for that reason doesnā€™t handle mutes. It should, as all other VCAs have mutes integrated as well.

1 Like

Still is.
Iā€™m evaluating Nuendo right now and compared the specific sections of both Cubase and Nuendo manuals.

Oh gosh. Yes please. VCAā€™s without VCA master muteā€¦ thatā€™s a first in pro audio!

Whatever the reason, it makes no sense to the user. Iā€™m a bit shocked SB devs are not agile enough to sort this. This request goes back years.

Please vote!

2 Likes

Well,
Iā€™d appreciate VCA Mute as well.
And if implemented, it would be nice for the slaves to remember their individual Mute ā€œstatusā€ when muted via VCA Master on reopening the project. ( My last Cubase Pro Version was 11 before the crossgrade to Nuendo, and in this Version Cubase VCA slaves did not recall Mute status correctly/at all )
Aaaaaand while at it, I would appreciate a correct recall of the individual levels of the slaves when reopening a project with pulled down VCA Masters as wellā€¦different storyā€¦

Cheers,
Dirx

1 Like

Make sure you have automation points on all related channels before writing any automation. Should then recall properly.

Thank you for the tip MattiasNYC, unfortunately this ā€œcreate initial parameter eventsā€ solution is no workaround for me.
I do not want to hi jack this thread here, so Iā€™ll stop at this pointā€¦ :crazy_face:

Cheers,
Dirx