Mute madness...

On some tracks that I have read / write engaged, the tracks mute and un mute for no apparent reason. When I try to un mute, I can’t. I have to disengage read / write.

Yes, same here, tracks just somehow get linked for no apparent reason, and soloing one track soloes some other tracks too. I noticed it sometimes helps to solo/mute previous neighbor track, then it is back to normal, until the next time. Clumsy Steinberg coding. I have no idea how they get away with it. I cannot imagine this happening to some PRO user in front of his PRO customers who actually pay by hour. Seems Cubase is more intended for hobby and fun use. Nuendo is real PRO, probably all works fine there.

Maybe you should expand the automation lane for mute/unmute to erase the automation?

Same issue! Has anybody solved this? I can’t believe that a professional DAW isn’t able to handle automation in its version 8. Very frustrating …

Like i said before, maybe you did write automation to mute this tracks on mistake. Expand the automation lane and take a look at the mute/unmute lane.