My config just reset

I just started up Cubase 6 and was prompted with the screen to register cubase and all my settings and recent projects had disappeared. I’ve restored and old version of the config but that’s from March (I know I should’ve backup more recently) and I’ve updated it since.

I’ve had this happen before when the clocks have changed but any ideas why it happened this time? It’s not the end of the world, it’s a bit annoying though. Did this happen to anyone else recently?

yes it’s the British summer time setting on your computer and the work around is turn the auto time adjustment off !

Of course the summer will not make Cubase reset the settings in Cubase or make you lose your recent projects.

Through time adjustment some plugins could be rescanned but that’s it. This will not reset your Cubase, automatically trash the prefs and make you lose settings. This will also not make you lose projects. Something else went wrong. Did you maybe use a particular system tool lately? What else did you do to the system before the problem occurred?

By the way, just because your projects are not listed in the “recent list” does not mean that they are lost. You will probably still be able to find them in your project location if you did not set back your systems HD’s with a system tool.

Gr,
JHP

I did not do anything strange that I remember, I have not started Cubase up for 3 or 4 days though. The projects are not lost, there area all still there but the recent projects list was empty, my templates were gone, and audio interface/connection settings were lost and it asked me to register again. I’ve restored a backup so its not the end of the world but I reckon I’ve lost a fair bit of mediabay tagging and key commands that I’m going to have to redo. It’s not a problem, just an inconvience.

You probably switched the username.

Here are the pref locations:–>
Windows XP:
C:\Documents and Settings[Your Username]\ Application Data \Steinberg\Cubase xx

Mac OSx
“/Users//Library/Preferences/Cubase xx”

PC Windows 7 / VISTA
“OS Disk \User<Your Username>\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase xx”

Check if the pref folder in one user directory is bigger then the others to find your prefs back.
To get the prefs back you can copy the prefs from one username to the the other.

Gr,
JHP

I most definitely did not switch user.

This is not a common Cubase problem.

What do you mean by "I’ve restored and old version of the config?
What do you mean by “and I’ve updated it since”?
Could you be more specific in describing the exact actions?
What exactly did you do?

When the clocks change you will not lose all your settings or your recent preojects.

Losing projects and settings can be close to the end of the world to some of us.

No, I have not heard of anybody else losing settings and projects out of the blue.

Ok, so we can check that of. :wink:

To repeat my questions:
What do you mean by quote "I’ve restored and old version of the config?
What do you mean by wuote “and I’ve updated it since”?
Could you be more specific in describing the exact actions?
What exactly did you do?

Gr,
JHP

the same thing just happened to me on 6.5.

i closed a project i was working on, opened an older project to look at some channel settings i liked, and when i went back to open the original project my preferences went back to default and it asked me to register.

it looks like i didn’t lose any work, just my preferences.

just wanted to let you know you’re not the only one who had this glitch