My Cubase is crashing

I’m using Cubase 10 artist and have recently purchased a new computer (MacMini) with macOS Sonoma 14.4.1. With my old macOS Mojave computer, I never had any problems. However, with the new computer, Cubase keeps crashing. Does anyone have tips how I can solve the problem. I can’t afford to spend 3-400 euros on a new program because I’m perfectly happy with my Cubase 10.

Hi and welcome to the forum,

I’m sorry, Cubase 10 (released 2018) was not compatible with macOS Sonoma (released 2023).

Please, update to the latest and compatible Cubase 13 or downgrade your system.

As @Martin.Jirsak said, Cubase 10 is not compatible with your new MacOS. But you don’t need to spend 3-400 Euros for a new program, you can easily update to Cubase 13 for 111 Euros at the moment.

1 Like

Then I need help with answers to the following problem: I still have my old Mac OS Mojave computer that can’t be upgraded anymore and is used in my studio 160 km from home where the new computer is located. Since my cubase projects are stored in the cloud, the idea was that I would only need to take the license dongle with me when I travel to the studio. My question then is, does Cubase 13 work with OS Mojave?

According to the systems requirements, you would need at least macOS Monterey.

Does it work if I use cubase 10 in the old computer and cubase 13 in the new one? Is it possible to save projects so that they are compatible in both systems?

Cubase Project files (.cpr) saved in Cubase 10 should open just fine in any newer version.

The update doesn’t stop you from using Cubase 10, all you need to do is just keep the dongle connected. For Cubase 13 you don’t need the dongle anymore, this is licensed via the Activation Manager. So yes, you can run Cubase 10 on the old machine and Cubase 13 on the new.

For the first activation you need to have the dongle connected to the machine where you start the Activation Manager, after that it can be disconnected.

1 Like

Hi,

With the updated license, you can use even Cubase 11 with the USB-eLicenser then.

1 Like

Farten I installed cubase 13 I can not run cubase 10 in my old Mac because the activation code in license key to my old Mac is not longer valid. What can I do to make it work.

Hälsar Björn W
(Skickat från min mobil)

I’m not really sure what you are trying to do, you need to explain that a bit more in detail.

But what I think I understand is that you want to start Cubsae 10 again on your old Mac computer. So why do you want to use an activation code for that, all you need is to plugin your USB eLicenser to that machine, that still contains your Cubase 10 License.

Activation Codes are one time codes, you can not use them twice or more.

Thank you for your answer.
After I installed cubase 13 in my new Mac it looks like the USB licence have lost the code. I have to print it again but then but then it says that it can only be activated once so I have to get a new one. How can get a new code.

Hälsar Björn W
(Skickat från min mobil)

This does not seem likely since Cubase 13 does not use the USB eLicenser at all and thus it does not need to be plugged into your new Mac at all.

If you plug in the eLicenser on your old Mac and run eLicenser Control Center, do you see your Cubase 10 license there?

Maybe you solved the problem for me. It seems that I have to upgrade from 10 to 11 before I can open cubase in my old Mac. I will try that later.

Hälsar Björn W
(Skickat från min mobil)

Hi,

Yuo can always update/upgrade to the latest verison only. At this moment, it’s Cubase 13. But if you update from Cubase 10, you will get Cubase 11 (Not upgradable) license at your USB-eLicenser. So then, you can start Cubase 11 with this license (still using the USB-eLicenser).

Thanks for the help best forum writer. My problem is solved. I now have working cubase 13 in my new computer and a working cubase 11 in my old computer. One last question: How do I uninstall cubase 10 in both computers?

1 Like

Hi,

If you are on Windows, use the system Windows uninstaller application. If you are on Mac, just delete Cubase 10 from the Applications folder.