This message says, Cubase didn’t quit properly last time. Most of the time, Cubase starts just fine after this message.
Do I understand you right, Cubase crashes immediately after this message? If yes, then I would recommend to trash Cubase preferences:
Win: %appData% Steinberg/Cubase _X__64
If this doesn’t help, I would recommend to try to reinstall Cubase. Please make sure you:
- Download the Full Installer.
- Unpack the ZIP file and install from the unzipped folder.
- Install from the setup.exe.
- Install as administrator.
- Install to the system © drive.