My First Cubase Remix (free download)

I’ll edit out my response and just leave; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeBHHgqnq2Y&list=UUWak19IgXroekdlM4v834_w&index=1&feature=plcp

Anyone who thinks the composers like Danny Elfman, Hans Zimmer, Thomas Bergersen, James Newton Howard are just “Dragging and dropping” loops to create their music is simply uninformed, nothing else because all the above and many more all use these sample libraries for ideas/demos and say so in interviews ^.^

couldn’t resist coming back one more time before I leave this place, but sounds like you got a problem with someone dissing your work, why am I not surprised :laughing:

This is not about my work or anyone else’s (although it helps show what the product is.) This is about your lack of understanding of the sample libraries. You’re claiming said companies products are all drag n drop pre-recorded loops. I’m providing proof that what you say is unfounded and untrue, yet you state it as fact and instead of actually investigating the products you’d rather continue your petty and childish grudge war against me just because you dislike my opinions that differ from your own.

Oh, my … what has this turned into? :open_mouth:

Hey Drebin,

Just to let you know, I didn’t mean anything negative with my questions. I wasn’t familiar with the original work so I didn’t know if this was a re-work of something you had personally produced in the past or if it was someone else’s material that you made a different version of.

I have nothing against a “remix” in general, but was curious as to what you had done to make it that. I’ve since heard a bit of some original performances of the tune so I have something to relate your version to.

I think the (free download) deal is what bothers me the most about this particular situation. Do you think the original artist would approve? I’m no expert on the legalities involved but it seems like a touchy situation.

One way or another I think you’ve done some cool things with this. Keep up the good work! :sunglasses:

Scott

No hard feeling Scott. :smiley: I understand that your question was just a question.

As far as the legal stuff goes. Every remix I’ve done has been sent, with a letter explaining my intent, to the label and owner(s) of the original music weeks before I post it anywhere. As a student in the US I’m protected by law to use just about anything for educational purposes. I usually wouldn’t blast it out there as “free download” unless it was my own work but I have a very complex reason for it on this track that involves the label and the amount of views/downloads this track gets.

I’d also like to add, for everyone else, that most of the remixes on my soundcloud I’ve gotten permission from the artist themselves and/or from the labels, as long as I don’t sell any of it. It’s free promo for the artist and the label.

Thanks again for the response Scott. :smiley: