My laptop has been formatted!

i had a trouble with my cubase 7 LE

My laptop has been formatted, and i want to install my cubase 7 LE again, but the problem is when i try to insert my activation code, this notification came out

anyone can help me?

I could well be wrong here but it looks to me that the activation code has already been entered and is stored on your dongle key or e-licenser. You do not need to reenter this code again. If what I am saying is the case then you simply plug the licenser key or dongle into your computer and load up Cubase on your computer. Not sure but you may have to load the e-licenser software as well. Or it may be that Cubase does that upon installation. But the bottom line is you should be good to go with dongle plugged in.

LB

If you are using the Soft-eLicenser, you will need to log into your MySteinberg account to do a software re-activation and get a new code.

how to do software re-activaction?

Log into your MySteinberg account, click on your software version, click on Software reactivation, and follow the directions …

Hello Zakiroyhan,

If you need to reactivate your registered license(s) after reformatting your drive, please download the latest eLicenser Control Center (eLCC) for your OS (Mac or PC) to your refreshed or new computer.

Then log into your MySteinberg account.

https://www.steinberg.net/en/mysteinberg.html

Next, look under My Products, and select a license you wish to reactivate by clicking on the down arrow on the right to see further Details and select the option Software Reactivation.

You will be asked to enter your new Soft-eLicenser number.

To copy a Soft-eLicenser number, open the eLicenser Control Center (eLCC) which can be found in the “Program Files” (Windows) or “Applications” (Mac) folder. Select “Registration” from the top menu, choose the 20-digit Soft-eLicenser number and click on “Copy Serial Number”.

Please note, If you registered the previous license it will auto fill your previous registered activation code in the old activation code field. Once the new Soft e-Licenser and old activation code fields are complete select Reactivate. This will provide you with a new 32 character activation code(s) for any license(s) you need to reactivate.

To reactivate the license on your Soft-eLicenser, open the eLicenser Control Center (eLCC) which can be found in the “Program Files” (Windows) or “Applications” (Mac) folder. Click on the green “Enter Activation Code” button to enter or paste your code. A valid code entry automatically displays the license to be downloaded below.

i didnt see the word of “Software Reactivation” …

Did you download and install the latest eLCC from the link Joel provided?

yes, i already download and install the latest eLCC

Thanks guys, it workin! thanks alot! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

That is good to hear! :slight_smile:

Hello Joel, Scab and other users,

I am in the same situation as Zakiroyhan: no more Cubase LE 5 on my computer.
But in this case it was my mistake: I uninstalled the program by accident.
I wrote my problem to Steinberg Support, by didn’t recieved an answer yet.
After this I also put my problem on this forum (Under ‘uninstall - install’ on May 26), but no response at this moment, so maybe you can help me in the meantime.

I followed all the instructions and downloaded the latest eLCC.
Then I logged in My Steinberg. I went to My Products and selected the option Software Reactivation.

So far so good, but now the problem comes in: I have no new Soft-eLicenser number to enter.
My just downloaded eLCC shows the old Sel.

So I thought: I enter the original Activation Code that was send to me when I bought Cubas LE5, select the SeL and click on ‘Download License’.

But then this message came up:

“The activation code has been used already.
An activation can can be used only once to download or upgrade a license.
Please contact your software vendor to get a valid activation code”.

So now I feel stuck.
Can you please help me?

My problem with reinstalling is solved.
With help from Steinberg Support I downloaded a new installation disc and with this disc I reinstalled Cubase LE 5.