My new guitar

The new axe is almost unbelievable as I guess you know too.
The standard Strat (although very good) can not simply be compared to the deluxe version.
For instance: the whole vibrato system: on a standard it will easily fall out of tune.
On the deluxe I can ALMOST abuse it as much as I do on my ibanez locked tremolo floyd rose thing.
And the tone of that humbucker… yum!
I love it for all the “wrong” reasons, hehe
it is not hyperfat, not like it can put out 113.5 db by it self.
No it is rather subdued. It depends on you as a guitarplayer and what you pour into it.
It’s like a slightly beefed up single coil with the noise taken out of it.

I love it. havent regretted a single day since I settled on this one.

All the best, Kim :slight_smile:

And yes… it is a better guitar than my Ibanez.

Almost forgot: congratulations with a great guitar :slight_smile:

Kim

Thats great to hear, Kim! :smiley:
(My Ibanez is now in the corner crying! :laughing: )

My Ibanez has served me very well for many, many years, but now im a lot older and my playing style
has slowed down I wanted something that had a more open, jangly, bluesy sound, and I believe
Ive found what I was looking for! :smiley: (but wanted something that had a humbucker in there, you know,
just in case I had a metal moment or 2 in the future :laughing: )

Cheers
Sav

My exact thoughts too for buying the hss config

Kim

Funny… I bought a new guitar yesterday, a G&L Tele-style. I’ll post a pic here later on

Me too. Recession - what recession?

I’d been thinking about a Gibson 336, as I liked the idea of a carved out mahogany body, and I had a gap in my guitar armory. I found one of these in my local music shop:
http://www.jhs.co.uk/reviews/PerfMAV3PJuly08.pdf
I can’t put it down, I got a lot more guitar for about one sixth the price of the Gibson and I prefer the P90 style pickups to the standard side-by-side humbuckers. There are no quality issues at all. Sweet!

also: bend a g to an a on the second string on the 8th fret…
The tone will linger about 4 seconds longer on the fender. Talking just the guitar here. With amp the difference is even greater/bigger.

I am no Ibanez basher. up till now I have been strictly ibanez for about 25 years.

Kim

So … sometimes it “pays” to pay more to get a great instrument.
Not talking silly amounts here now, no fancy finish etc.
This lesson came late to me, but it is still true
I know very well how to play a guitar, that is why I was so surprised.
In my book my ibanez rg560 was the standard
That standard has been removed now

Kim :slight_smile:

I dropped a few hundred on my anniversary present to my wife. For my present, I’m going to finally get that fretless bass that I’ve always wanted. No more having to simulate it with heavy compression / envelope shaper VST / flanger. :smiley:

Why do fretless basses cost more than their fretted equivalents? :confused:

I suppose it’s an “economy of scale” or “supply and demand” sort of deal. The demand isn’t nearly as high as with a regular bass so their costs aren’t as easily offset by volume of sales

:bulb:

twilightsong - That’s what they tell us!

Anyway - where’s the pics of your G&L? Great guitars! :sunglasses: