My New Toys!

Hi everyone,

I got some new ‘toys’ recently! :smiley:

The first is a '59 Keilwerth ‘The New King’ baritone sax:

Yes! I finally completed my sax quartet: soprano, alto, tenor and baritone! :sunglasses:
It’s an oldy, but in pretty good shape and I’ve already recorded it. I used it for a cover I’m doing for a cover contest. I will post the result in a few days.

The second is a beautiful instrument that I bought while I was on vacation in Ireland this summer, it’s a low whistle:

It’s basically a tin whistle but then an octave lower (it’s in the key of D).
It has a beautiful haunting sound, listen for example to the MTV unplugged version of ‘I’m Ready’ by Bryan Adams (it’s on youtube). It features the master Davy Spillane on the low whistle.

I love playing it and will probably use this in a song in the near future as well. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Wim

Congrats, can’t say much more than that they look shiny :smiley:

Great acquisitions Wim, may you have years and years of musical pleasure with these. Better get composing :smiley:

:sunglasses: Congratulations, Wim!

No computer hardware/software compatibility issues can be associated with those two fine instruments.

Enjoy!

tony

:sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

" Better take it out and shake it " -( Leon Redbone - Shake That Thing )

Is the low whistle an aluminium Overton ?

( re. Davy Spillane check out Mary Coughlan Ride On on Youtube , although he plays pipes on that one )

Most Cool :sunglasses:

We gotta hear it or it didn’t happen! :wink:

Nice toys Wim, sweet!

Aloha Wim,
To paraphrase Dizzy Gillespie:

‘Some days you pick up the horn and you win.
Some days the horn wins.
This goes on everyday of your life till you die.
And the horn wins.’

Nice horn Wim.
—enjoi
{‘-’}

Are you trying to tell me I’m not getting that tenor solo after all? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Nice / “Mooi hoor”! :mrgreen:

Nice! Great acquisitions Wim.

It makes me wonder what stages, gigs, tunes, that sax has seen so far. And now you will carry it to even greater heights. Well done!

Thanks guys! :smiley:

It’s an aluminium Chieftain, as far as I know it’s modelled after the Overton, but not as expensive.
It does have a beautiful sound though.

Yeah, his pipe playing is extraordinary! I wish I had the time to learn to play the pipes… maybe when I’m retired… :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice! I like the shiny one! :smiley:

Where do you plug in the cord?

Sweet, Wim! :sunglasses:

In the mic…

:mrgreen:

Groove-o-mondo Wim! Schmick-o-la! : :smiley:

:laughing: Great choice of words, Jet!

Hey Wim

That baritone is a beast! I bet it gets the pants flapping when it honks! I’m always thinking of buying a tenor to compliment my alto, but at the moment I’m not playing much of anything so it will have to wait a while.

Have fun!

NEIL!!! :wave:

Long time no see. :slight_smile:
How are you doing?