My Pro 8 keeps freezing

Just started a week or two ago. I’ll be working and all will be fine – until I get an error message (see attached) and everything freezes. So I close Cubase using my Taskmaster. If I reboot the computer, I can get Cubase working again – for awhile, and then it freezes again.

eLicenser is mentioned in the error. When I go to eLicenser, it just give the window you see attached: “reading eLicences” and just hangs there. But if I open eLicenser after rebooting my computer, it’ll open fine and shows all the licenses active.

Anyway, I’m stuck. Can’t work. Really bummed. Any suggestions? I put in a support ticket to Steinberg, but haven’t heard back. Maybe one of you can shed some light on the problem. Should I delete Cubase and reload? Will that cause any problem? Thanks.

Cubase error.JPG

Hi,

It seems USB-eLicenser is disconnected. Make sure, you are using USB 2.0 port, not USB 3. Make sure you have the latest eLCC application installed.

Maybe it’s worth to buy a new USB-eLicenser and transfer the license. Might be, your USB-eLicenser is damaged.