My s49 Mk1 Komplete Kontrol 1.9 Automatic Track Focus doesn't work

not the KK pages but the Remote Control Editor for instant VST Quicks Controls

By restoring the default values of the Cubase Remote Control Editor, all your old projects broken with KK will be repaired automatically, hence the interest of doing it like that.

I ll try it tommorow, thank you!

Ok you will get back to me tomorrow

I’m still on cubase 9.5.
Can I fix autofocus on this way on that version?
It sounds awfully complicated and I’m a fried if I tried to do your advice id ruin things further. I’m not a computer nerd or coder so just talented at GUI and above level.
Never used smart controls in cubase or edited NI gear with remote control editor….
Just want to fix my autofocus…
Btw I only have an s49 mk1

Hello slinksta, I never had a MK1 but try to do as I explained. Open Cubase’s Remote Control Editor: after creating a KK track, click on vsti on the top right of the project window. Then right click on the KK instance and open Remote Control Editor.
Then, click on the small arrow at the top right and select “Use the factory default configuration” and do “Apply”. At this point, we find the auto focus. Then save your project.
This operation is to be repeated for each old broken KK project. (always save the project afterwards to repair)

At best you get autofocus back, at worst it won’t make things worse.

Here are the steps how to restore broken KK VSTi autofocus.

I uploaded 2 pictures with 3 steps from @Arnaud88 for all
like me who needs a bit more to understand. I tryed it and
it works also for broken projects and repaire them:)

1. step is right click on upper right corner of KK VSTi Plugin and select “Remote Control Editor”
    2 and 3 step is click on refreshing arrow to get default factory setting + not forget Apply button.
  2. Test to change between instances of KK VSTi , autofocus should work!
  3. save your project.
  4. Of corse if you are using some user templates repair them too not to get in troubles again:)

Big Thank to @Arnaud88

1 Like

ah great Alès_Zibelnik :smiley: glad everything is working out. It was a shame not to be able to have complete satisfaction from KK.
I am currently doing my nks user previews for VSTi Tiers. If you need advice, ask me and I’ll give you the info. Unless you already know how to do it

No, I dont know, is it much work with that?
Do you have all sample previews on C disk partition and how much place it takes everything?

If we do this with the new user presets, it goes quickly. But it is on that if we make a complete VSTi, it can take time. I’m doing for ElectraX but I haven’t finished: 122 nks presets + 122 small audio samples = 244 files. Size on disk: 43 MB. For my part, it is not stored on the “C” partition but on another HDD because my “Documents” folder is on this HDD.
It’s interesting to have these sound previews in the KK Browser for VSTi that don’t have NKS

Fixed it. Thank you