My toughts and why I leave Cubasis

Hi

I’m on Cubasis 3.3 since a couple of month
Unfortunately I can’t use anymore due to many issues

1 - Cubasis can’t handle my interface up to 44.1 (Motu 828ES) and crash many time, because the apps start everytime on 48 khz

2- many crashes. Cubasis is really untstable

3 - few plugin doesn’t work proprely only with Cubaisis ( Perforator, LayR)

4 - there is no save as project, this is not professional

5 - we are not able to route a midi track to audio track.
I’m 90% hardware multi timbral. It’s a huge step back from my previous setup

It’s a shame, Cubasis was my 1st choice. I love the UI and how is smooth and scalable. Thye midi rec to. The learning is easy. But I had to change to another one, I will back to Cubasis if Steinberg take seriously this app.

Hi @user158,

Thanks for your message and a warm welcome to the Cubasis forum!

1 - Cubasis can’t handle my interface up to 44.1 (Motu 828ES) and crash many time, because the apps start everytime on 48 khz

Regarding your audio device in use, could it help to create a dedicated project template (see steps below)? In addition, Cubasis fully supports class compliant audio devices. If you experience issues in this regard, we suggest to get in touch with Motu. We’re at hand to provide them with Cubasis promo codes for testing purposes, if required.

Important Note: When using Cubasis on the iPad itself, Cubasis allows to select a sample rate supported by the iOS hardware in use. If you have an iPad device in use which supports 48 kHz only, the project settings will change accordingly.

These are the steps to create a project template:
1 – Create a new proect and make all your desired settings
2 – Go to Media/Projects and move the project to the “Templates” folder

Now, whenever you make a double tap on the file, a new project is getting created from the template.

In addition, please provide me with your crash reports, to share them with the team.

2- many crashes. Cubasis is really untstable

Unfortunately, we need more information when these crashes happen and how to reproduce them.

3 - few plugin doesn’t work proprely only with Cubaisis ( Perforator, LayR)

Could these problems be related to iOS/iPad OS 15?
We plan to release a new maintenance update very soon. Please give the issue a recheck with the new update, once available and let me know about your results.

4 - there is no save as project, this is not professional

Normally, the majority of iOS apps come with an auto save function similar to Cubasis.
If you want to save dedicated version states, please give the “Duplicate” feature a try (located under “Media/Projects”).

5 - we are not able to route a midi track to audio track.
I’m 90% hardware multi timbral. It’s a huge step back from my previous setup

Please let us know about your dedicated usecase.

Hope that helps!

Stay well
& best wishes
Lars