mysteingerb support: is this for real??

With that kind of logic, Nuendo must have far better support than Cubase (costing three times as much), but does it…?

This is now solved.

That’s good to hear! This thread though… 20+ replies and nobody even mentions what the original problem is and how one might go about troubleshooting it.

The question is, is steinberg a complete joke? I do not think they are. Last year I needed a support ticket and within a week I had a resolve. This time I could not get them to contact me. I just have a feeling they are busy… Now, if they had never supported then I might agree.

[/quote]

That’s good to hear! This thread though… 20+ replies and nobody even mentions what the original problem is and how one might go about troubleshooting it.[/quote]

True…though it was reading this thread that made me search the OPs original thread where I did just that.
Obviously this specific thread was a frustrated vent rather than a request for help after they had already tried that and unfortunately got no response.

Yep, I do get that. Not getting a reply from tech support is certainly not what you would hope for and I have experienced it myself.

Actually I also searched the OP’s original post and found that it had been solved. Just saying it seems like lots of people on this forum are much more inclined to come here for a moan than either give/receive help.

I just had my ‘Nuendo’ based support request fulfilled after a two week wait. All I was after were links to download the ‘full’ software for N7. It came with an apology but no reason for the delay. Its still a bizarre support response timeframe for their flagship software! It’s a good thing I didn’t need it in a hurry!

Something like this really needs to be available through ones own mySteinberg account, along with a means to track support requests.

The kind of logic I generally believe in is you pay for what you get…especially with service & products. Of course exceptions exist. What I have read about Nuendo is that licensing fees for some post production features are what drives up Nuendos cost.

That may indeed be true in part, but what has that to do with the lengthy time it can take to get a response for what is often a simple request. By a simple request I mean for example, a link to re-download the full software package. I do wish Steinberg would follow the example of nearly all other audio software providers and make such things available through the user account.

Native instruments are 10 times worse, they will eventually reply after a week with " have you checked our knowledge base " or better still " have you tried “googling it” ??? complete and utter joke

For further information we recommend visiting our Knowledge Base or our…

Or our what?

I totally agree, they are pretty bad, and insult you with asking silly troubleshooting questions.