N 6.0.7 64 bit crashing on exit

We are currently working on this issue and possibly found a fix for the crash on exit. I am not sure which version this fix will be included in though as there hasn’t been a decision yet.

This is good news. Thank you, Ed. (Sooner than later would be good!) :slight_smile:

Chewy

This not-assumed bug has been fixed (and not reported) in the last Cubase update, 7.5.20.

Best,

Antonio.

Does that include Nuendo?

The bug is still in Nuendo. By the way, I found a way to avoid crashes.

It works this way: remove the surfaces in the EuCon panel before quiting Nuendo. I even have a script for that, made using Sikuli.

Hi Guy’s

I’ve been having the same problem and it does appear to be the EuconAdaptor in Nuendo.

I’ve been in touch with the Nuendo Support Team in the UK and this is the reply:

“Steinberg have realised that there is a problem/bug, so this has been fixed.
But there is one problem, this will not be fixed until Nuendo 6.5.30 has been released.
Hopefully this will be released soon, but this will cure the issue.”

So hopefully out next week then :smiley:

Regards

Ian

According Nuendo 6.5? - #144 by Oliver.Lucas - Nuendo - Steinberg Forums will be released on the end of Q2

Who are they then? The Pro user support team were all fired a few years back…?

Ugh! I dreaded becoming part of this thread as I have been lucky to not have a crashing Nuendo in my old system. BUT, here I am with my brand spanking new PC. I’m running W8.1, brand new asus z87 deluxe with an i7 processor, 3 SSDs etc…and all I can say is FML. Nuendo is crashing on exit and to add to it, will not ‘end task’ when I go to Task Manager to end it. I don’t have a Eucon. I wish I hadn’t gone to N6, as N5 had no major issues for me. I invested a lot of money and have lost my confidence. I have a big client coming tomorrow and sure as hell, will be losing a big client tomorrow; along with my dignity.

I JUST WANT TO CREATE SOME MUSIC

Do you have novation automap?

If the answer is yes uninstall automap and all the wrapped plugins manually, check it and if everything works as expected try to install latest automap version.

Best.

Hi Redleicester

It appears Nuendo Support is now supported by Yamaha here in the UK and not Steinberg Germany. I found that out from the support guy’s at Steinberg when I contacted them regarding this issue. If you look for the support contact numbers they’re listed there.

Regards

Iburwell

I hope you have better luck than me with Yamaha

Thankyou, that’s the same number I’ve used before, sadly not the old gang at Pinewood.

I have been experimenting with this issue. As of right now, I think it may be my Midi interface driver. I updated to the latest driver, and had nothing but issues. I uninstalled the midi interface, and the crashing stopped. I rolled it back to the orginal driver that came with the unit when first purchased, and things seem to work. This is an important reason to burn everything on disc, such as drivers. It makes it easier to get back to where you once were. If the crashing returns, I will be back on this post.

Well, my crashing is back. I still think it is something to do with my MIDI Motue Microlite. Can anyone really get an explanation as to what or why this is happening? What midi interface are other people using with W8.1?

Actually, it is pretty serious for me because it is happening on a fresh install of Win7 and Cubase 6.5 with no 3rd party plugins installed…Because I have to force quit every time, Cubase will not save my preferences, plugin locations, or even my audio interface (a UR824).

Having invested over £1000 in the hardware and software, I expect it to work. What I don’t expect is continual excuses for not fixing it, and finger pointing at 3rd parties. Other software developers can get their software to work, so you’d expect Steinberg to be able to as well.
It’s fairly pathetic to be honest, and insulting to expect your customers to pay hundreds of pounds to upgrade with no guarantee that it will fix the issue.

I just came from Win8.1 because of some severe driver instabilities with Cubase 6.5, the UR824 and certain 3rd party VSTi and plugins…but at least it worked.

After 7 or more hours of diagnosing and trying everything I can to fix this issue, it persists, so I am pretty angry and frustrated at this point…I just want to be creative, not struggle to make Steinberg’s software work. It should just work!

I published a workaround a page ago: N 6.0.7 64 bit crashing on exit - Nuendo - Steinberg Forums

I just installed 3.1.3 (up from 3.1.2) and I tried your “remove from surfaces” idea. The good news is that N6.0.6 did not crash on exit. The bad news is that Eucon was still ABSENT when I restarted a second session. Nuendo didn’t see the MC and vice versa. I’m on a PC, does that matter?

Also, my tracks screen DOES NOT UPDATE when I go beyond the listed tracks. I read a post that said the screen did update when using Eucon Ver. 2.7.1. Is that correct? would I be able to restore that function IF I were running this iteration, or will it not work with N6 at all?

You have to re-add them to make them work again. Use 3.0, it’s the most stable, according to Avid.

If 3.0 is te most stable, then WHY on earth is there a 3.1.2 and 3.1.3?!!? BTW, can you confirm for me it the MC Control screen is supposed to update to match the Nuendo screen?