N10.03.10 Highlight color is light

N10.03.10 Highlight color is almost as light as the letters in TRANSPOSE, FIne tune, mixer settings
Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 16.33.58
Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 16.34.28
and it is really hard to read!

Mac 10.13.6

on Windows this is a system setting…

Under the Mac system preferences / General, try changing the highlight color to something darker.

My pref look a bit different but I Selected OTHER and make it dark grey.
I am sure it should work a bit differently… Like say if if you click any digit in SNAP, LENGTH etc the highlight color does not change but the digits become BLCK. and this is how it should be/ was before.

Now when I highlight elsewhere it looks like this
Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 12.19.27

But in nuendo - much bette
Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 12.21.46
r

1 Like

Well, now you know how to change the color of the highlight. Experiment until you find one you like.

Thanks, but why we need to find work around when before I NEVER had to worry about it.
BTW the post was not about HOW TO CHANGE HIGHLIGHT ON MAC. Rather WHY NUENDO HAS THIS PROBLEM. :slight_smile:

Sorry, but I disagree. This is a preference in the Mac operating system. As you saw, when you change it in the operating system, it correctly changes in Nuendo.

Nothing to do with Nuendo.

Cheers.

Again, it has not been this way before. If highlight was light, the text would turn BLACK and vice-versa. It does look better in nuendo, but everywhere else it changed as well. I would make the color dark blue, and in Nuendo it would look great. But then when I highlight anything else, I would not be able to see what I highlighted as it would be black on dark blue.

You disagree? Most application work this way: black becomes white on dark, and light becomes black on light background. Even in nuendo, as I said before, some field are partially hilighted correctly. Example: if you click on SNAP one digit, you will see that numbers will turn black.

Anyway :slight_smile: You like the way it is now, hat’s fine.

1 Like

isn’t this simply a result of the implemented dark mode in macOS?

most applications just use the system settings
and not having this problem in Windows, could be a hint that it’s related to the OS

in hi sierra there’s no option for dark/light theme. The only thing that it offers “Use dark menu bar and dock.”

Sorry didn’t see that you run high Sierra. Hmm interesting… than it might be that the Nuendo’s dark mode compatibility is messing with it?

1 Like

there is no dar theme…

I’m well aware of that. I’m talking about the compatibility within Nuendo… they obviously had to change some code to work with dark mode in macOS and maybe that code now is causing issues for your setup?