N10.1: Is Transparent Mode Gone??

Work Stopper!

Hey, I don’t even use transparent mode and at this point, I want it back!

Have a heart, Steinberg, and hear the cries of your people! Hear, oh Steinberg, and deliver them!

I am missing the Transparent Mode too, hoping for a fix in a near future.

To brighten up your day a bit I have created my own version of 184 color palette based on the “material design palette” used by many developers and programmers. All you need to do is to download the empty session, open it and select “Store Color Set as Default” in your Project Color Setup.
This palette will also be a part of an upcoming update of my SHERLOCK and WATSON VSTs.
Cheers!
14bitMIDI-ColorPalette_N10.zip (19.1 KB)

@24dBFS - thank you - this is fantastic

Great! Thank you!

Superb!

Thanks 24dBFS.

Excellent and very much appreciated! This is the kind of thing that makes forums like this one so helpful. I’m having a blast with these colors. One of my favorite things is with the multiplicity of choices I can get very similar colors while still being able to choose between white or black text. So helpful!

Thank you! Even though I have the now excellent DFader V2 from Devil Technologies I am still going to buy your new software when released just show some support and say thanks.

Thank you for not using the damned flat UI trend often seen in iOS apps! I have to deal with that crap in every Sketch file I get!

Dear all,

I’m very happy to let you know that we’ve just released the Nuendo 10.2.20 maintenance update that brings a new feature called “Event Opacity” that basically replaces the previous “Transparent Events” feature sand even improves it, as it lets you control the amount of transparency you want to have for the events.

This update is available in the Nuendo Download page as well as via the Steinberg Download Assistant.

All the best,

Is it just me or does the event opacity apply to Audio as well as MIDI data? This basically consolidates the more than questionable fact that Nuendo handles both data types equally, which is a problem especially in the editor. Set up colours that work for MIDI data > get unusable colours for Audio data and vice versa.

This update also screws with audio performance on ( at least my Mac > Mojave ), approx 20% CPU overhead compared to .10 version.

Just downloaded it, but my dongle is on another computer some distance away (%#!@ dongles), and I haven’t been able to test it.

I’m concerned that, being a preference, this new version will not be key-command controllable. Not to be a downer… anybody know about this yet?

Chewy

I would also like transparent mode to return in a future version.

by Chewy Papadopoulos » 26 Mar 2020 16:33
I’m concerned that, being a preference, this new version will not be key-command controllable. Not to be a downer… anybody know about this yet?

Please refer to the attached screenshot; your presumption was right unfortunately, and no, there is no key command to move that “Event Opacity”-slider… :frowning:

Over the past few updates I’ve turned a bit disappointed and sceptical about Steinbergs way of “updating” their software:
1 step forward, 2 steps backwards…
In their (very silly) battle to “play the opponent to Avid” they’re kind of forgetting that “be better” isn’t always better…
I’d love to see them back on the track of “be different” .
…sigh…wishful thinking?

Niek/ Amsterdam.

Hello you all.

No, transparent mode it is not back in Nuendo 10.2.20.
I upgraded from NU 4.3… and I miss the look of it so much :slightly_frowning_face:
I don’t enjoy this 2020 dark Daws look fashion. I prefer it clear. I can’t change that cos than, I can’t see the automation lines. They were blue, fantastic blue on a fantastic white window but now, they are white. You can’t see white on white…

Chewy,
the diagonal overlapped lines are not annoying. Why don’t you say what they really are? They are useless!
I second you every word so far.
I work with Nuendo since version 1.0.2.
This is what happens after 20 years Nuendo development?! Steinberg, you are amazing but don’t complicate what should be simple.
What’s going on with the transport bar? Was not good enough?! The good old one…

Hope it gets redesign again.
Steinberg, keep it simple! It is faster for us as and user friendly to spot overlapped in a obviously way. Of course you should reintroduce the good old ugly gray.

Aldersyde
Thank you. Your topic was very helpful. I was getting crazy and got some answers thru some valiuos posts I could find here.
My best regards to all

…and I don’t get it why you complain.
there are so many wonderful options to display events in Nuendo -
everything can be clearly presented if you want, there is something for each taste!
RIP N3/N8 - say hallo to N10. (…)

Please have a look at this bright Nuendo 10 GUIs… :bulb:

“Cubase 5 style” GUI:

“Cubase 5 style” GUI 2:

“warm style” GUI:

:sunglasses:

New Nuendo user here. How do I get these brighter colors?

tg

Hello Central Music,
Vielen Dank for your time and sugestions :wink:
Yes, I do prefer Nuendo when it looks like the first example you showed, with the white project window backgroung.
Are you still able to see the track automation Lines?
Automation lines are White… Where can we change that?

Best Regards

We complain because Transparent Events was an important part of our workflow, and they took it away, and what has “replaced” it does not include some of the most important features of the original. It’s that simple. All the “wonderful options” in the world do not address the problem identified in this thread. I, for one, would like to have a key-command option to toggle what they’ve done to replace Transparent Events. Judging by the number of users participating in this thread, it appears there are quite a few of us who miss Transparent Events and would like to see it return with full functionality.

I hope that clears things up. :wink:

Chewy

+1