N10.2.20 Not a single Noise Reduction plugin in Nuendo 10.2.20?

Yes I do just that Fredo. But I shouldn’t have to. My templates and work flow are no longer in N4.3.

I just saw a YouTube clip with a guy opening a 13 year old project in Reaper without an issue, and bragging about it.

I have film projects that only open in Nuendo 4.3, because the latest video licensing from QuickTime no longer
works either, because it’s third party also. So I have to go through loops and hoops if I really need to.

I don’t want to do disposable music or projects because of compatibility.
Also, I don’t think noise reduction algorithms are difficult in 2020.

I think you missed what I was specifically addressing. I’m not speaking for anyone but myself, and It’s clear you feel you paid enough. I was simply pointing out that the price of Nuendo is significantly lower now than it was before, and that the cost of basic tools that do a much better job than those that were removed don’t nudge that lowered price anywhere near the old cost, especially over time. You can get a suite of RX Elements for less than $50 US right now, and even that bottom-tier version is significantly more effective and less artifact-ridden than the obsolete Nuendo package.

Right, but some of us have work that involve noise reduction in audio tracks.

Yes, many of us do. I don’t know how much audiobook work you do; I produce/edit/supervise around five of them on any given month–that’s about as many as I can handle with all of my other stuff. Sometimes I go into the studio to record, sometimes I have to work with what’s given me by the reader. In other words, a very wide quality spectrum, from great to abysmal. QC and personal standards got me out of using the Nuendo-included plugins just about the time RX became available. The third-party who made Nuendo’s was the developer of choice back in the early '00s here in Los Angeles; at least a couple of the major studios were using their stuff (not the simplified Nuendo package) along with CEDAR for film restoration work. But that all went the way of the dinosaur remarkably quickly when vastly superior tools (specifically RX, especially in terms of cost and convenience) came out.

RX has become an essential part of everybody I know out here’s (and I use this term as Wikipedia defined it :wink: ) workflow. I know I couldn’t be cost-effective without it, and the work I can do with home-records would be quanta more difficult, if not impossible.

So… yes, I need noise reduction, too.

Seriously, JDS. I’m not trying to poke you or prod you into some kind of angry reaction. I like the idea of a forum that invites perspective and is light on invective. And I’m going to back out now. I really was just trying to help, and it looks like there are plenty of others here who share my opinion, so I’ll leave it to them.

Best to you.

Chewy

It’s not that I miss the point at all, I just don’t agree with what you said.